The UPSC will release the official notification of CDS 2 2018 in the month of August 2018. Every year, the CDS (Combined Defence Service) exam is conducted twice, by the Union Public Service Commission. The CDS 2 2018 Exam will be conducted on 18th November.
Educational Qualification for CDS 2018 Exam:
- For Indian Army, the candidate needs to have cleared the graduation degree from any recognized university.
- For Indian Navy, the candidates need to have cleared the BE/BTech degree
- For Indian Air Force, you can either have a B.Tech degree or can have graduation with Physics and mathematics as their compulsory subjects in 12th.
How to Fill CDS 2 2018 Application Form
- To apply for the CDS 2 2018 Online Application, visit the official website: upsconline.nic.in
- Now in the What’s News section you will see the scrolling notification for CDS 2 2018
- Click on the link. It will take you to a new page with the notification and online registration platform.
- You need to register the candidate on the website and submit complete details.
- After you have submitted the details, you need to deposit INR 200 to for online form completion.
- The CDS exam feeds is INR 200. After submitting the fees, you will be required to upload your photo and signature.
- After successful submission, you can download/save the soft copy for reference for future use.
About CDS 2 2018 Written Exam:
The UPSC will include complete information about the CDS written exam that you needs to follow at the time of the exam. The important pointers about CDS 2 2018 Written Exam are:
Negative Marking: There will be negative marking for every wrong answer. During the examination, for each wrong answer, 1/3 marks (0.33) will be deducted from your collective score.
Mandatory to Clear All Three Exams: The CDS Exam is conducted in three parts i.e. General Knowledge, English and Mathematics. It’s important to get shortlisted for all the three exams in or order to be capable of getting SSB Interview call letter.
Only Black Ball Pen Allowed: During the CDS written Exam, only black ballpoint pen is permitted. No other formats of the pen are allowed during the examination. Also, the circles need to be filled wisely as wrong filling may result in cancellation of your candidature.
No Digital Gadget Allowed: You will not be permitted to take any digital gadget with you in the examination hall. There will be separate deposit racks where you can submit your digital items and can withdraw the same after completion of CDS Exam.
CDS 2 2018 Written Exam Pattern:
Like other competitive exams, the CDS exam will also be conducted using OMR sheets. The offline mode is being used till now to conduct the exam. The CDS 2018 Written Exam will be conducted in 3 Phases. In 1st Phase, English exam will be conducted followed by General Knowledge Exam in Phase-II. Last, in Phase-III, the paper of Mathematics will be conducted.
Mathematics exam is only conducted for those who have opted Navy, Air Force or Army (for IMA). The CDS written exam will be conducted as below:
- Phase 1- English: This paper will be conducted from 0900-1100 hours.
- Phase 2- General Knowledge: This paper will be conducted from 1200-1400 hours.
- Phase 3- Mathematics: This paper will be conducted from 1500-1700 hours.
Important Points About CDS 2 2018:
- Official notification will Release on: 8th August 2018
- Online Application will start from: 8th August 2018
- Last Date of Online Registration: 3rd September 2018
- Download of Admit Card starts from 1st week of November
- Exam Date of CDS 2 2018: 18 November 2018
- Training Starts from July 2019
The training of finally recommended candidates will commence at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Officer Training Academy (OTA), Indian Naval Academy (INA) or Indian Air force Academy. All the merit-in candidates will get their joining letter enclosing all the essential information related to documentation required at the time of joining.
Verdict: All the defense aspirants who have either completed their graduation or are about to complete the graduation in a coming year needs to prepare for the upcoming CDS 2 2018 Exam. This blog has the complete information about the upcoming Defence exam and CDS Exam pattern that will definitely help you prepare well for the written exam.