UPSC has released the official notification for CDS 1 2018. All the Defense aspirants who were eagerly looking for opportunities to join Indian Army, Navy or Airforce as Permanent Commission officer can read the notification of CDS 1 2018. In the notification, complete details about Combined Defense Service (CDS) 2018 Eligibility, Age Limit, No of vacancies, etc are mentioned.
About CDS 1 2018 Exam:
CDS Exam is held twice every year. The CDS 1 is generally held in the month of February for which the notification for CDS is released in November/December. The CDS 2, on the other hand, he conducted in the month of September, for which the notification is released in May/June. CDS is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).
All the notification and declarations about CDS Exam is released on the official website of UPSC. Recently, the UPSC released the NDA 2 2017 Result which was held in September.
CDS 1 2018 will be held on 4th February 2018 for which the online registration has now started. The Online Registration has started from 8th of November. The last date of online registration is 4th December 2017.
Number of Vacancies in CDS 1 2018:
The total number of vacancies disclosed by UPSC is 414. The total vacancies are distributed as below:
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun (146th Course) – 100
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – 45 (—Course commencing in January, 2019 Executive (General Service) [06 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate)
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad—(Pre-Flying) Training – 32
- Officers’ Training Academy (109th SSC (Men)) – 225 (including 50 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ Certificate)
- Officers Training Academy (23rd SSC Women (NT)) – 12
CDS 1 2018 Fees:
The CDS 1 2018 Form is free for Female candidates along with those who lie under SC/ST category. Else all other interested candidates are required to submit online fees of INR 200/- by the help of direct deposit in the bank or using net banking. All the candidates are requested to always ensure the complete submission of their form.
CDS 1 2018 Age Limit:
- All the candidates who want to join Indian Military Academy must have the Date of Birth (DOB) between 2nd January 1995 and 1st January 2000. Here both the dates are inclusive.
- To Join Indian Navy, all the unmarried candidates whose age is in between 2nd January 1995 to 1st January 2000 can easily apply for the available vacancies.
- To Join Indian Air Force, your age must be between 20-24 years at the age of joining the prestigious organization. If you are having the Commercial Pilot License, you will get an age relaxation of 2 years. You can apply for the available vacancies till 26.
Important Points about CDS 1 2018:
- Official Notification Released on: 8th November 2017
- Last Date of Online registration for CDS 1 2018: 4th December 2017 (till 6 PM)
- Exam will be Held on: 4th February 2017
- Type of Commission: Permanent Commission
- Training will be Held in: Indian Military Academy (IMA)
- Training will Commence from: January 2019
CDS 2018 Selection Procedure:
All the candidates need to undergo CDS 1 2018 Exam to get shortlisted for the SSB. The candidates who will clear the Exam will be provided SSB on the basis of their preference filled during the online registration.
- After CDS 1 2018 Result Declaration, candidates will be allowed to select the SSB Dates and SSB Centre.
- Candidates will undergo 5 days SSB Interview that includes Screening Test, Psychology Test, Personal Interview and GTO. The candidate will be recommended after their collective marks scored in the SSB.
- Recommended candidate will undergo Medical Checkup.
- The Finally shortlisted Merit-In candidates will start their training at IMA, OTA, INA or Air Force Academy as per the prescribed dates.
Now, all the defense aspirants who were eagerly waiting for the official notification of CDS 2018 should submit their online form and start preparing for the Exam, to be held on 4rh of February.
Read SSBToSuccess to get all the knowledge about CDS 1 2018 Exam and tips to crack CDS Exam easily.