Home News Srinagar Hotel Case: Major Leetul Gogoi to Face Court Marshal

Srinagar Hotel Case: Major Leetul Gogoi to Face Court Marshal

0 comment

The Indian Army Major Leetul Gogoi has been found guilty in the Srinagar Hotel case. As a result, he is going to face a court marshal from Indian Army. The Army Major was involved in two controversies one after another, last year. In 9th April 2017, Major Gogoi made a controversy after he used a human shield, named Farooq Ahmad Dar, to protect his men from the stone pelters in Srinagar. In this case, he was given a clean chit and was even awarded by Army General Bipin Rawat. But on another controversy, made in May 2017, he was seen arguing with the hotel management to allow a Kashmiri girl in his room.

About Major Leetul Gogoi Human Shield Case:

On April 9th, 2017, when the Indian Army was facing a strong boycott by the Kashmiri people, Major Gogoi’s jeep was unable to move out of the Budgam district. Farooq Dar was used by the Major to protect his men and bring them safely. So, to protect his team form the stone pelting, he tied Farooq Ahmad Dar to the bonnet of his Jeep and used him as a human shield. With Dar, tied to his army jeep, he was successful in moving out successfully form Kashmir’s Budgam district. This incident sparks a controversy after the video of the human shield gone viral over the internet.

On one hand, where the Army Major Gogoi was initially questioned for his act, Farooq Dar was shunned by the villagers with the allegations of being a government agent. After the Court of Inquiry found Major Leetul Gogoi clean, he was given clean chit and Army General Rawat also awarded him for his bravery and leadership.

According to the sources, Dar has been in the depression since that time and is urging the government to take strict actions against Major Gogoi. After Major Leetul Gogoi is sentenced Court marshal, Dar said that “I am thankful to the Almighty. The person who ruined my life has to face the wrath of God finally. God has his ways to do justice,

About Major Leetul Gogoi Srinagar Hotel Case:

In May 2017, Major Leetul Gogoi was identified in a hotel camera arguing with the Hotel receptionist. At the time he was present with local Kashmiri women. As hotel rooms are not permitted to the local residents, the receptionist denied offering any room, which led to a warm argument between the Major and Hotel receptionist.

After the issue raised, the hotel management called the local police and handover Major Gogoi to the Police. Based on the evidence, the Court of Inquiry was conducted on Army Major. The COI was headed by the Brigadier who found Major Leetul Gogoi guilty for leaving his unit without permission and fraternizing with a woman without any orders.

About Major Leetul Gogoi:

Major Leetul Gogoi joined Indian Army as a Sepoy. He joined the 3rd Battalion of Assam Regiment. After completing 9 years of service in Indian Army, he applied for Army Cadet College (ACC) Entry and was successfully selected as a commissioned officer. He completed his Officers Training and was commissioned as Lieutenant in December 2008. Major Gogoi is currently posted in 53 Rashtriya Rifles (Punjab Regiment) in Budgam district, Kashmir.

Related Articles

Leave a Comment