Indian Army has released the NCC 50 Special Entry Scheme notification. The online registration starts from 16 June 2020 till 15 July 2021. Candidates with NCC C certificate can apply for the NCC 50 Course which is going to commence from October 2021 at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai. All defence aspirants with NCC ‘C’ certificate can apply for the latest NCC Special Entry to join Indian Army as an officer.
The official notification states “Applications are invited from unmarried male and unmarried female (including Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel), for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army.“
What is NCC Special Entry Scheme?
NCC Special Entry is a Short Service Commission entry for the NCC Cadets through which male and female NCC Cadets can join the Indian Army. This year, Indian Army has released the NCC Special Entry 2021 for recruitment of young cadets to become commissioned officer.
Vacancies For NCC Special Entry Scheme 50th Course
- NCC Men: 50 (45 for General Category and 05 for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army personnel only)
- NCC Women: 05 (04 for General Category and 01 for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army personnel only).
Eligibility for NCC Special Entry 50 Course
For NCC candidates (including wards of Battle Casualties) 19 to 25 years as on 01 Jul 2021(born not earlier than 02 Jul 1996 and not later than 01 Jul 2002;both dates inclusive).
Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years. Those studying in final year are also allowed to apply provided they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first two/three years of three/four years degree course respectively. Such students will need to secure overall aggregate of minimum 50% marks in degree course if selected in interview, failing which their candidature will be CANCELLED.
Senior Division/Wing of NCC Qualification
Should have served for minimum two/three years (as applicable) in Senior Division/Wg of NCC.
NOTE: The eligibility criteria differs for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel
Important Dates for NCC Special Entry 50 Course
|NCC 50 Notification Date||16 June 2021|
|NCC 50 Last Date||15 July 2021|
|NCC 50 Cut Off||50 % aggregate marks in graduation or till pre-final year|
|NCC 50 Training||October 2021|
How to Apply for NCC 50 Special Entry Scheme:
All the applicants need to apply through Online Mode. No NCC Special Entry Scheme Application Form will be provided offline as the entire application procedure has been made online. To apply for the NCC Special Entry Scheme 50th Course, you need to follow these steps:
- The Online applications will be available at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Click on “Apply/Login” presence under Officers Entry section. Now Click on “Registration”.
- You will be displayed with important instructions that need to be followed during online application submission. Read the complete instruction and fill the form accordingly.
- After you have filled the form completely, you will be provided the PDF format of your Online Application.
- Keep the PDF application for future references. You don’t need to send any hard copy to Directorate General of Recruiting separately.
Important Note for NCC Special Entry 2019 Army:
Candidates must note that they can appear for ONLY one of the Services Selection Board (SSB) interview, either SSC (NT)-114 Course (Oct 2021)/SSC (NT) (Women)-28 Course (Oct 2021) as CDSE candidate OR NCC (Spl) Entry-50 Course (Oct 2021). Candidates are required to give undertaking to this effect under the declaration part of the online application.