PI (Personal Interview) is the part of the 5 days testing, Rapid Fire Questions asked by individuals during the Personal Interview. In rapid-fire 5-10 questions asked from individuals, one should answer them one by one. Mostly the questions remain the same, but the order can be changed. In this article, we see questions that the interviewer asked, what is the purpose and how to tackle them.
There are mainly 5 sets of questions.
- General Questions
- Educational Questions
- Family and Friends
- Present Occupation
- Hobbies /Interests/Sports
An interviewer can ask questions from any set or mix the questions from different sets. Let us discuss in detail
- Tell me about yourself?
- What is the meaning of your name?
- Which is your native place?
- Tell me something about your home town.
- What are the population/language/ important features/ tourist places of your place?
- What is your current occupation?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why do you want to join the force?
- What motivates you to do your best on the job?
- Tell me an example of an important goal you set and how you achieved it.
- Which school and college did you attend from primary to graduate level?
- What is your favorite area of study /subject?
- Which teacher do you like very much and why?
- Tell me about your specific achievements during your study.
- How much did you score in your tenth, twelfth college?
- What is the reason behind your poor grades?
Family and Friends
- What is your mother/father’s educational qualification?
- What is the job of your mother/ father?
- How many brothers and sisters do you have? What is their qualification?
- How do you decide your friends?
- How many friends do you have?
- Among your friends, to whom do you share your personal things?
- How much pocket money did you get when you were in college, and how did you utilize it?
- What activities do you do on your holidays?
- Presently, what are you doing?
- Why are you interested in working for this company?
- What is the nature of your work?
- What positions do you serve in your company?
- Describe the biggest challenge you have had in your job and how you handled it?
- Why do you want to leave your current job?
- What is your favorite hobby, and why?
- Describe the things that you have learned from your hobby?
- Give details of your extra-curricular activities.
- What is your favorite outdoor/indoor game?
- What role do you play while playing?
- What are the duties of a captain?
- Why did you not continue this activity?
These are some sets of questions that are generally asked during PI.
Purpose of Rapid Fire Round
- To judge the intelligence level
- Organizing and initiation skill
- Social and Entrovertness
- Planning and Dynamism
- Motivation for defense forces
- Natural projection of what one is
- Environment where the candidates have grown
- Checking the confidence level of individual
- Checking the patience level of the candidate
Tips to Answer Rapid Fire Questions
- The voice of the candidate should be very clear
- Maintain a positive, confident attitude throughout
- Be honest while answering
- Keep a smile on your face
- Try to keep your answers brief and point to point
- Do not expose your disappointment,
- Be polite throughout the interview.
- Try to give answers in a very simple and elegant way.
So, in the end, we would say keep your josh high and be confident in every task.
Stay safe and stay healthy.