When we talk about the Indian Army, we get a sense of pride and courage in our eyes. The Indian Army is filled with men and women who, at every step, have done various things for their country that no one cannot even dream about. Their 24×7 duties away from their families and homes prove their dedication and love for India.
Not only our fighter’s actions but their words are so powerful as well that they can give you goosebumps. And in this article, we will share with you 41 motivational Quotes by India Army soldiers that are popular among civilians as well.
41 Motivational Indian Army Quotes
1. “If a person tells you that he is never afraid, he is either lying or he is a Gurkha.” – An officer of the Army’s Gurkha regiment.
2. “We will not stop our helicopter’s rotors from churning till the time we didn’t get each one of us out from here.” – Air Chief Marshal N.A.K Browne.
3. “There is no room for losers here; you have to fight till the time you win the battle. If you didn’t win, then don’t come back as you have disgraced our country, and the country will not accept you.” Field Marshal Sam Maneckshaw.
4. “I’m always ready, sweetie.”- replied the Indian Army when asked by Indira Gandhi about the 1971 war.
5. “I could be a worthy replacement for you, don’t you think, Madam Prime Minister? I have a long nose just like you, but I don’t poke my nose in other people’s affairs.” – to Indira Gandhi (on certain rumors about planning a coup to replace her.
6. “Gentleman, I’m here and from now on, there will be no withdrawal without any written orders. And these orders will never be issued in the future.” – During the 1962 War when he was sent to (NEFA) North-East Frontier Agency for leading the retreating Indian forces against the Chinese army.
7. “You had received three at your age, but when I was your age, I got nine bullets to my chest. And look at me now; I’m the Commander in Chief of the Indian Army.” In 1971 Indo-Pakistan when he met an injured soldier with three bullets in the army hospital.
8. “If death comes before I prove my blood, I swear I’ll kill Death.” Capt Manoj Kumar Pandey PVC 1/11 Gurkha Rifles.
9. “ Yeh Dil Maange More, Sir.” – Captain Vikram Batra, PVC (posthumous).
10. “Either I’ll come after hoisting the flag, or I’ll come back wrapped around in our flag. But one thing is for sure, and I’ll definitely come back.” – Captain Vikram Batra, PVC (posthumous)
11. “Some missions & goals are so worthy, that it’s glorious even to fail.” – Capt Manoj Kumar Pandey, PVC 1/11 Gurkha Rifles.
12. “Our enemies are only 50 yards away from us. We heavily exceed in number, and we are under devastating fire. We shall not withdraw an inch and will fight till our last member fights for our country.” Major Somnath Sharma.
Quotes by Indian Army Officers
13. “I wonder if the politicians who have been kept in charge of the defence of our country can distinguish a mortar from a motor; a guerrilla from a gorilla, and a gun from a howitzer, although a greater resemblance to the latter only.” – Field Marshal Sam, Manekshaw.
14. “You can never feel alive till the time you have almost died. Life has a special flavour for those who choose to fight, which the protected ones cannot taste.“- Capt R Subramaniam. Kirti Chakra (Posth).
15. “No, Sir, I will never abandon my tank. I still have my gun working, and I’ll not leave until I kill all these bastards.“- Lt. Arun Kehtarpal, PVC.
16. “One the best friends and the worst of enemies greet us.“- The Indian Army.
17. “Ajeet Hain Abheet Hain“- the Indian Army.
18. “Don’t moan for the death of a warrior killed in the battleground. Those who sacrifice their lives in the war for their country are honored in heaven.” – Indian Army.
19. “The life adventure of yours is a daily routine for us,” – The Indian Army.
20. “While you hold a purse, she carries a 65 lb rucksack. While you hang out and shop with your friends, she cleans her rifle with her team. When you choose a pair of heels, she prefers combat shoes. And instead of you applying make-up to look pretty, she puts camouflage on her face.” – Women Warriors of Indian Army.
21. “If I die on the battlefield, box me up and send me to my home. Take my gun, put it on my chest, and tell my mom I did my best. Tell my dad not to bow; he will never worry about me. Tell my little brother to study sincerely and that my bike keys will be his. Tell my sister not to get upset when I do not rise after the sunset. And Tell My Love that I’ll Always Be With Him and that “I’m a Soldier and I was born to die for my country“.
22. “The two stars on my shoulders are more worthy than the millions of stars in the sky.”
23. “I will not die with a disease or an accident, but I will go down in glory for my country.” – Major Sudhir Kumar Walia.
24. “I regret that I have only one life to give for my country.“- Prem Ramchandani
25. “Civilians, sleep well at your homes; Indian Army is guiding you day and night.“- the Indian Army.
26. “It’s in God’s hands to forgive an enemy, but it is our responsibility to plan a meeting between the two.”
27. “Our flag remains steady in the air not because of the air, but because of the breath of every soldier that died for their nation.“
28. “We fight only to win. We will win by knocking them out because there are no runners up in the war.“- General JJ Singh.
29. “The honor, safety and welfare of our country come first, always. And the welfare and safety of the men you command come after the country. And your comfort and safety come, at last, every time.“
30. “The Indian Army is the home to many proud soldiers worldwide. And that’s why India has the 3rd Largest Army in the world, and our soldiers are considered the best in high altitude battles.“
31. “Only an army officer deserves the title of “hero“. The brave men and women in the Indian Army stay alert day and night far away from their home and sacrifice their life for the sake of their country.”
32. “When someone tells me to get married, I tell them, “I’m already married to my country before I was born.”
33. “A soldier keeps his promise while staying on the border and paying the debt for his country’s love.”
34. “My dream is not to die for my country, but to live and secure its integrity and protect it from every evil aim of my enemy.”
35. “I feel like an army in my fist.“
36. “I am a born soldier. My country is my mother, and I’ll serve her till my last breath.“
37. “Indian Army is not an organization but an emotion that makes you courageous and sense pride to be born in such a wonderful country.”
38. “Even fear, fear to go into the place when it sees an Indian soldier protecting and standing in front of the motherland.“
39. “Indian Army do not start anything with bad intentions, but they sure do end it in a badass way. “
40. “I don’t like fighting 1-on-1 because I love fighting 1-on-100.“
41. A soldier is always called a “young man”, irrespective of age.