On 1st of February, the Indian Army issues the final merit list of SSCW (JAG-20) where a total of 28 women candidates have been shortlisted. The result has been declared for a total of 4 notified vacancies. As of now, the Indian Army has only released the SSCW (JAG)-20 Merit list for the JAG-20 entry which will commence from 2nd of April 2018. This time, a Jammu Girl, Ganiv Kaur has topped the list.
Ganiv Kaur feels pride to not only top the Merit list of SSCW (JAG-20) but to be a resident of Jammu. She takes Jammu as the land of warriors and is also ready to serve the motherland with her deeds.
Some Interesting Points about Ganiv Kaur:
- Ganiv Kaur is the first Women from Jammu who have topped the merit list to join the JAG Course in Indian Army.
- She comes from an Army background family where she is termed to be the fourth generation (4th-Gen) Officer who will serve the motherland.
- Ganiv was successful in getting the recommendation in her first attempt.
- She has completed her Law education from Army Institute of Law, Mohali. She joined the college in 2012 and completed her Law studies in 2016.
- Currently, she is working as an Executive Trainee at HDFC Bank and is living in New Delhi.
- She has completed her schooling from Army Public School, Dhaula Kuan.
Note Given by Indian Army for SSCW (JAG-20):
- The SSCW (JAG-20) Course will commence from 2nd of April 2018.
- The candidates who have not submitted all the copies of their semester mark sheets, as well as provisional degree/degree certification, are required to raise the document by 15th March 2018.
- On the basis of Merit list, Medical Status and Educational criteria and other eligibility, the joining instructions will be provided to each of the recommended candidates.
- While developing the Merit list, all necessary precautions have been taken. However, the Directorate does not take any responsibility for the unauthorized tapering, or distortion of the result.
Important Points about JAG Entry Scheme (JAG 20)
- The SSC JAG (Men) – 20 Course will commence from April 2018. Before that, all the recommended candidates will be required to prepare their documents for final verification at the OTA Academy.
- As there are limited vacancies for JAG 20 (Men-10 and Women-04), you need to show your best to get shortlisted for this.
- The age limit is 21 to 27 years as on 1 January 2018. So, all the candidates are required to check their eligibility. Your matriculation certificate will be used to verify your DOB.
- The Training will be of 49 weeks which will be held in OTA Chennai.
- All the selected candidates will be given Short Service Commission in Indian Army with an initial tenure of 10 years which can further be extended up to 04 years.
- All the documents mentioned in the official notification needs to be available at the time of SSB Interview.