Tattoo on your body has now become a fashion asset that most of the youngsters love to adopt. If you are one of those youth who is keen to join Indian Air Force but has a visible body tattoo, you might be in trouble. Recently, Delhi High Court made an announcement that candidates having a visible tattoo on their body can’t be guaranteed to have recruitment in Indian Airforce.
Earlier it was notified by the Indian Air Force with some restrictions on the recruitment of candidates with tattoos on their body parts, in Indian Air Force.
What is the Case of Delhi High Court in Tattoo Issue?
As per the information, a plea was submitted in Delhi High Court by a man who was shortlisted for the Airmen post but was rejected due to the presence of a permanent tattoo on the external side of his forearm. As a response to the plea, Delhi high court rejected his plea and rejected his recruitment in the Indian Air Force.
What are the Current Recruitment Rules in Indian Air Force:
- As per the notification released by the Indian Air Force, only a tattoo (permanent or temporary) carved on the inner face of forearms, the back part of the hand is only permitted to join the Indian Air Force.
- In case the candidate has a tribal-based tattoo, the tattoo must be carved under the traditions of the tribe.
- However, it totally depends upon the decision of Indian Air Force selection committee for the acceptance or rejection of the candidate.
- But according to the information released by a research, it has been tracked that the chances of selection of candidates with a permanent tattoo are very low that even results in rejection. All it depends is the place where you have carved the tattoo.
Reason for Rejection Given by Delhi High Court:
Based on the information given by the man who filed a case against the selection committee of Indian Air Force, Delhi High Court rejected the candidate’s plea. Here is what the Delhi High Court says for the rejection.
- The tattoo is carved on the body part which does not reside as per the relaxation is given by the Indian Air Force. Also, the candidate was unable to share the photo of his tattoo at the time of application submission.
- However, the candidate filed a case against the Indian Air Force for rejecting his candidature. He said that he submitted the details about his tattoo at the time of online application submission.
- According to the information, the candidate applied for Airman post in the Indian Air Force on 29th September 2016. He was updated to attend the physical exam in February 2017 where he was successful in clearing the physical and written exam.
- He was allowed to report to the authorities for training on 24th December 2018. But unfortunately, one day after his training starts, he was issued a letter that cancels his candidature, by the Indian Air Force recruitment team.
The bench, rejected his petition, saying “having regard to the fact that tattoos engraved on the body of the petitioner is not in conformity with the relaxation granted in the advertisement, we do not find any infirmity in the impugned order of cancellation of his appointment.”
So, if you are also having a permanent tattoo on your body part, make sure you have followed the rules and regulations as mentioned by the Indian Air Force in the notification.