National Defense Academy is the Gateway for the young aspirants to enter the defense field. Every year, several candidates appear for the exam with the aim of joining the defense organizations and get the chance to live the life in an extraordinary way. The first opportunity served by the UPSC to the young and lively aspirants is the NDA, which calls the 12th appearing and passed candidates to join the armed force as an officer. NDA 2 2017 examination notification is out and candidate’s eager to apply for it are informed to apply for it before the declared date. The examination has the certain thing to keep in mind and particular instructions that the candidate must follow before heading to fill up the form.
- Citizenship – The candidate has to be a citizen of India subject of Bhutan, subject of Nepal, Tibetan Refugee or a person of Indian Origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire or Vietnam.
- Age Limit – The candidate must have his date of birth Fallen on or between 2nd January 1999 and 1st January 2002.
- Educational Qualification – For Indian Army the candidate must have passed or appearing in 12 class of 10 + 2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by State Education Board or recognised University.
- For Air Force And Naval Wing – The candidate must have passed or appearing in 12th class after 10 + 2 pattern of school education or equivalent read physics and mathematics as subjects.
NOTE: Candidates who have failed in INSB/PABT earlier or not eligible for Air Force stream of NDA
The fees for NDA examination is 100 rupees by online and offline medium.
SC, ST candidates and those specified in no 2 para 4 of the notice are exempted from fee payment.
Procedure to Apply
Candidates can apply online for NDA 2 2017 on upsconline.nic.in.
The form consists of two parts
- Part 1 – It has basic details that candidate has to fill regarding personal credentials and contact details, which will generate a registration id that will help in moving to part 2 of the form.
- Part 2 – It has fees deposition, photo and signature uploading and examination center selection sections. After that final declaration from the candidate is confirmed, following the finalization of the form after submission of part 2. Candidates are requested to clearly check the final form generated after part 2.
The examination consists of two papers, i.e. Mathematics and General Abilities. Mathematics consists of 300 marks and General Abilities consists of 600 marks each test has a duration of 2 ½hours.
Mathematics consists of Algebra, Matrix and Determinants, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry of Two and Three Dimension, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and Differential Equations, Vector, Algebra Statistics and Probability.
General Ability consists of English having 50 questions and General Knowledge of hundred questions which includes Physics, Chemistry, General Science, History, Geography, and Current Affairs.
Marking – For every correct answer, one mark is awarded and for every incorrect answer 1/3 is deducted.
- Last date of applying for NDA 2 2017 – 30th June 2017
- Date of examination- 10 September 2017
NDA 2 2017 will be targeted by all the aspirants who have passed 10+2 examination, which will, in turn, increase the competition. All that matters in NDA exam is the strategy of attempting the exam. The candidates have to score as per the aptitude in the subjects and get marks above the official cutoff. So, apply for the exam carefully, don’t amalgamate details and make your first step toward your aim.