Table of Contents
Indian Army is about to released the official notification inviting eligible unmarried Male and unmarried Female Engineering Graduates and also Widows of Defence Personnel who died in harness for grant of SSC Tech 58 & SSC Tech (W) 29 in the Indian Army. Course will commence in April 2022 at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Eligibility For SSC Tech 58 & SSCW Tech 29
(i) For SSC (Tech)-57 Men and SSCW (Tech)-28 Women: 20 to 27 years as on 01 April 2022 (Candidates born between 02 April 95 and 01 April 2002, both days inclusive).
(ii) For Widows of Defence Personnel who Died in Harness Only: SSCW (Non Tech) [Non UPSC] and SSCW(Tech)-A maximum of 35 years of age as on 01 April 2022.
Educational Qualification for Applying
Candidates who have passed the requisite Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply. Candidates studying in the final year of Engineering degree course should be able to submit proof of passing Engineering Degree Examination along with mark sheets of all semesters/years by 01 April 2022 and produce the Engineering Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
READ MORE: Indian Army JAG 28 Notification 2021
Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at Officers Training Academy (OTA) as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate.
Educational Qualification for Widows of Defence Personnel who Died in Harness
- (i) SSCW (Non Tech) (Non UPSC). Graduation in any Discipline.
- (ii) SSCW(Tech): B.E./B.Tech in any Engineering stream.
Vacancies For SSC (Tech)-58
Candidates must note that only the Engineering streams and their acceptable equivalent streams, strictly as notified in the table below, will be accepted. Candidates with degrees in any other engineering stream(s) are not eligible to apply. Any variation between the nomenclature of Engineering stream as given on the degree parchment / marksheet and that submitted by the candidate in his online application will result in cancellation of candidature.
Vacancies For SSCW(Tech)-29
Vacancies For SSCW(Tech)-29 (Widows for Defence Personnel)
Promotion Criteria and Salary Structure
|Captain||On completion of 02 Yrs|
|Major||On completion of 06 Yrs|
|Lt Colonel||On completion of 13 Yrs|
|Colonel (TS)||On completion of 26 Yrs|
|Colonel||On selection basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions.|
|Lt General /HAG Scale|
|HAG+ Scale (*Admissible to 1/3rdof total strength of Lt Generals)|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lt Gen (NFSG)|
|Rank||Level||Pay (in INR)|
|Lieutenant||Level 10||56,100 -1,77,500|
|Lieutenant Colonel||Level 12A||1,21,200-2,12,400|
|Major General||Level 14||1,44,200-2,18,200|
|Lieutenant General HAG Scale||Level 15||1,82,200-2,24,100|
|Lieutenant General HAG + Scale||Level 16||2,05,400-2,24,400|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lieutenant General(NFSG)||Level 17||2,25,000/-(fixed)|
Military Service Pay (MSP)
|MSP to the Officers from the rank of Lt to Brig||₹15,500/-p.m (fixed)|
₹56,100/–p.m.*(Starting pay in Level 10) stipend will be given to Gentlemen or Lady Cadets during the entire duration of training in Service academy i.e. during training period at OTA.
How to Apply for SSC Tech 58 & SSCW Tech 29
Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- Click on ‘Officer Entry Appln/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’(Registration is not required, if already registered on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in).
- Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully.
- After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard. A page ‘Officers Selection –‘Eligibility’ will open.
- Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Short Service Commission Technical Course. A page ‘Application Form’ will open.
- Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments -Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB.
- ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment.
- After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made.
- Only after ascertaining the correctness of all your details, click on ‘Submit’.
- Candidates must click on ‘Submit’ each time they open the application for editing any details.
- The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after final closure of online application on last day.