Army Cadet College Entry is a golden opportunity for soldiers of Indian Army who joined Army as a regular soldier, but are passionate to become a commissioned officer. ACC is an internal promotion entry in the Indian Army that allows the soldiers to apply for ACC promotion and undergo SSB to get permanent commission in the Indian Army.
ACC has been in operation for over 80 years and now has graduated some notable alumni. The first course at Indian Military Academy includes 40 GCs, consisting of 15 from the erstwhile Kitchener College that became the ACC. In order to get an entry in this field, candidates are required to qualify the written test.
The Army Cadet College Wing is the fifth Battalion of IMA located in Tons Campus. It is headed by a Brigadier and consists of three Companies with three platoons each and an Academic Department headed by a Principal. The latter is organized into various departments under the Humanities and Science Streams and each department is being headed by a Professor / Associate Professor.
Eligibility Criteria for ACC Entry
|Qualification||10+2 Pattern Class 12th pass or Equivalent. Should have qualified ACC written test|
|Marital Status||Unmarried / Married|
|Most Likely SSB Dates||Sep to Nov for Jan Course Mar to May for Jul Course|
|Training Academy||ACC Wing at IMA, Dehradun|
|Duration of Training||Four Years (Three Years in ACC Wing & One Year at IMA)|
Vacancies in ACC Entry
Every year, Indian Army release 75 vacancies for ACC Entry. These entries are released twice a year. Hence, under ACC Entry a total of 150 soldiers can become a commissioned officer in the Indian Army.
ACC Entry Selection Procedure
Prerequisites for ACC Entry
- The jawan must have a good ACR (Annual Confidential Report)
- Jawan must have a clean record without any red ink.
Step By Step Selection Procedure
- Step 1: Unit-level written exam is conducted by the CO/OC to find the potential soldiers for ACC entry.
- Step 2: Candidates who clear the ACC written exam are interviewed by the senior officers for further screening and selected candidates’ documents are then forwarded to the higher formation.
- Step 3: Selected candidates are sent at Command HRDCs ( Human Resource Development Centers) for a 10 Weeks class. The Result will be declared by DGMT/MT-15 -Director General of Military Training MT-15.
- Step 4: A merit list of 500 candidates is made including jawans who will face the SSB interview. These candidates undergo preliminary screening test similar to the actual SSB interview.
- Step 5: After the screening test, 200 candidates are selected to go for the Young Leaders Course (YLC) at OTA Chennai and the remaining candidates will go for Personality Development Training (PDT) at AEC Centre and Command HRDCs.
- Step 6: Candidates who clear the SSB interview and medical tests are called to join the Indian Military Academy, ACC wing.