TGC ( Technical Graduate Course) entry is for those who have completed their B.E/B-Tech or are in the final year of their engineering and in the future want to serve the Nation. It is a direct entry scheme where aspirants are shortlisted based on their percentage of 6th semester (For final year candidates). For graduates, it depends on the overall aggregate till 8th semester. Every year Indian Army releases the notification in May/June and Nov/Dec means, i.e. twice a year.
Note: This entry is only for Male candidates and aspirants who get a permanent commission.
Age: 20 and 27 years as of the first day of the month in which course is due to commence.
Qualification: BE / B Tech final appearing & degree holders in notified streams of Engineers.
Eligible Branches for Indian Army TGC Entry
According to the TGC-133 notification, eligible Branches are-
- Civil/ Building Construction Technology
- Electrical/Electrical & Electronics
- Computer Sc & Engg. /Computer Technology/ Info Tech/ M. Sc Computer
- Information Technology (IT)
- Electronics & Telecommunication
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Electronics & Communication
- Satellite Communication
- Aeronautical/ Aerospace/ Avionics
- Automobile Engineering
- Textile Engineering
Online Procedure to Apply TGC Entry
Candidates, who are looking forward to applying for TGC Entry Indian Army, need to follow the steps given below:
- All the applicants need to visit the www.joinindianarmy.nic.in website.
- Click on ‘Officer Entry Apply/Login’ and there you need to click on ‘Registration’.
- If you are already registered on the website, you need to Login with your login credentials.
- In your Dashboard, you will see all the eligible vacancies available now.
- Click on ‘Technical Graduate Course [Course No].
- A separate Application form will open. You need to fill your personal details, educational details, and other formalities to complete the Online Application of TGC.
- After you have completed your Application Form, you can ‘Submit’ the form and save it in PDF for future reference.
TGC Entry Selection Procedure
- The first step is to apply online
- Now, Army will declare the list of shortlisted candidates based on their graduation percentage
- Aspirants get the call letter for the SSB interview
- Now candidates go through the five days of selection procedure divided into two stages
- Stage 1: Day 1 (Screening )
- Stage 2: Four days of Testing (Interview, Psychology test, GTO)
- If candidates get recommended then it’s time for medical
- Wait for the Merit list
- Join Indian Military Academy, If shortlisted and medically fit
- After completion of training, Gentleman Cadets are commissioned as an officer (Lieutenant)
Indian Army TGC Salary
|Rank||Level||Pay (in INR)|
|Lieutenant||Level 10||56,100 -1,77,500|
|Lieutenant Colonel||Level 12A||1,21,200-2,12,400|
|Major General||Level 14||1,44,200-2,18,200|
|Lieutenant General HAG Scale||Level 15||1,82,200-2,24,100|
|Lieutenant General HAG + Scale||Level 16||2,05,400-2,24,400|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lieutenant General(NFSG)||Level 17||2,25,000/-(fixed)|
Military Service Pay (MSP):
Commissioned officers are given Rs. 15,500/- per month as military service pay.
Fixed Stipend for Cadet Training:
Rs. 56,100/- Per month* (Starting pay in Level 10).
TGC Entry Cut Off
Every year, TGC Cut Off changes based on the number of entries and available vacancies. Howevver, Mechanical branch has the highest cut off marks in the recent past i.e. 84%. Lowest cut off for many branches is 60%.
As you can see the highest cut-off is for the Mechanical stream and the lowest is for Textile. So, Mechanical students put on your shoes and perform well in your exams.
Note: There are other entries also which have low cut-off as compare to TGC like SSC Tech, UES.
So, we hope you get an idea about TGC entry.