COVID-19 Instructions for SSB Interview: Due to ongoing COVID-19 across the globe, the Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force have announced the COVID-related guidelines for candidates appearing for the SSB during this pandemic tenure. All SSB Centers are well prepared to tackle the pandemic situation and still test candidates for respective batches. Here are the official guidelines/instructions offered by the defense forces for the guardians and candidates.
- Install Aarogya Setu Application in your phone. Prior leaving for Selection Board, screenshot of having green status on the App is mandatory to be taken. The same will be checked at the time of reporting at the Selection Board.
- In case of residing in any containment zone, traveling is not advised. Send an email to the Call-up officer along with any documentary proof. An alternative SSB interview will be scheduled, if batch is available.
- Obtain requisite approval or inform the en-route/destination state as per the prevailing rules.
- Carry all required documents mentioned in the call up letter as you will not be allowed to leave the premises for any documentation or getting photograph/photocopies.
- Bring two bed sheets as per your comfort.
- No laundry facility will be provided by the Selection Board till the pandemic is over. Therefore it is advised to carry adequate clothing for stay in the Board. Carrying personal face masks, face shield, gloves and hand sanitizer is also compulsory.
- Mandatory Negative RT PCR Report (Within 72 Hrs). On account of resurgence of COVID 19 situation across the country, candidates are required to carry RT PCR report that the candidate is COVID negative.
- The date of the RT PCR report must be within 72 hrs of the date of reporting of the candidate. (Asymptomatic Certificate by medical practitioner/any other COVID report will not be accepted.)
- Check your email regularly for any additional instruction in regard to SSB interview.
Apart from the above-listed guidelines, some instructions are notified by the SSB Center. Below are the additional guidelines listed by the SSB Center.
- Candidates are advised to carry adequate clothing that will be required for their stay for two weeks in the case recommended for selection as there shall be no laundry facilities available until the COVID-19 pandemic is over. All candidates will carry their personal face masks, face shields, gloves, hand sanitizer, and water bottles.
- Candidates having any symptoms related to COVID 19 are advised not to move from his home station.
- The candidate will be returned if symptoms like fever, cold, cough & running nose are detected at the reception area and will not be allowed for stage –I screening.
Read More: New Guidelines for RTPCR Report for SSB
DO’s and DONT’s while undergoing SSB
- Wear a mask all the time, and before putting on the mask, clean with soap and water. Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp, and do not re-use the single-use mask.
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hand with soap and water during verification of documents and prior to appearing for the tests.
- Maintain at least one metre/three feet distance amongst each other. Don’t touch your body parts on any surface unnecessarily.
- Maintain good respiratory hygiene, i.e., cover your mouth and nose with tissue paper when cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately in the covered dustbin and wash your hand with soap and water.
- Inform and seek immediate medical attention in case of fever, cough, and difficulty in breathing.
- Finally, be supportive, be careful, be alert and be safe.