How many of you are find English to be a pitfall between your SSB Preparation and recommendation? During the 5-Days SSB selection procedure, you are always told to speak in English. In case you find it hard to speak English, you can speak in Hindi, but you should switch back to English as soon as possible. For most of the Hindi medium candidates, it’s hard to find the correct answer to ‘How to Learn English’.
There are many Defense aspirants who completed their studies from Hindi medium. For them, it’s always necessary to improve English Skills for SSB and enhance their selection chances.
Is English a Compulsory Language for SSB?
English is actually a universal language that is used in most of the countries, over the globe. Today, English is not only an important language for Defense Services; instead, it is a vital part of personal advancement. English is being used as a professional advancement, be it government or private sector.
During the SSB, candidates are told to use Hinglish i.e. the blend of Hindi and English. Most of you have been given this mantra during the Coaching also. English speaking is more than a part of antiquates for a Defense Officer. The main reason for using English is that during foreign tours (Exercises) it becomes easy for you to communicate with the team of other countries.
What if You Don’t Know English?
If you read the success stories of many of the SSB Recommended candidates, you will find that they were not professional in Spoken English, even though, they get recommended. The SSB is a platform to judge the Officer Like Qualities (OLQ) within the candidate. It is nowhere related to the English speaking skills of the candidate. English Speaking is never a compulsory format in any of the SSB exam.
English is compulsory during the written SSB Exam i.e. Psychology test, Group Planning test. Apart from this, you are free to use either English or Hindi (Which one you are comfortable with) to express your views during the SSB.
However, have you ever acknowledged the difference between a Leader commanding in Hindi and another Leader speaking in English? You will always find a strength and zeal in the English comments. The Defense Officers always encourage their team with English and that’s what makes them a leader of the odds.
In Short, speaking English is never compulsory, but it’s preferred more over Hindi.
How to Learn English & Improve your English Speaking Skills?
For many, it just requires 1-2 month to learn English and achieve professional English Speaking skills. But many other encounter tough times while learning English. If you want to learn English, you can follow the below-given recommendations.
Read More and More: The more you read, the more you learn. Reading more and more will always benefit you with ample knowledge that is priceless and will always grow your English speaking skills.
Practice in front of Mirror: Until and unless you face yourself, you can never face others. So, always practice in front of the mirror and maintain an eye to eye contact with yourself. Once you achieve confidence while speaking in front of the mirror, it will become very easy to face the SSB group and narrate anything in front of them.
Start Writing Your Ideas: Learning more worthy when you use your leanings. So, make sure you write your ideas and thoughts. You can either practice writing psychology test or write on your personal blog to express your views and find the loopholes.
20 Tips to Speak English Fluently and Confidently:
- Always speak slowly. Speaking in a rush will always create multiple errors and even leads to fumbling.
- Great Leaders always speaking calmly and politely, so follow the same rhythm while Speaking English in front of a crowd. Learn English in the way they speak.
- Learn the Sentence, not only words. You should have good command on correct sentence format instead of cramming new words.
- Always try to be a good Listener when you are speaking in English. It will add strong impact on your opponents and help you reply the best possible response to their queries.
- Always speak in English, even with your family members. This will add English Speaking in your daily routine.
- Note new words in your diary and recall them every day. This will add more flavor to your Spoken English.
- Try to speak simple English. Most of speakers fumble when they try to use complex words in their speech.
- Believing in yourself is important to encourage your inner soul and reach your milestone.
- Listen, Speak, Find Errors and Repeat. Follow this format until you find positive results from your English speaking.
- Read every day by speaking loudly. This will help you listen your own words and let you find the pitfalls.
- Maintain an eye contact while speaking English. This will minimize your fear of making mistakes.
- Be confident with a swelled chest. Confidence will always take you to next level and create good impression on the interviewer.
- Avoid your watch when speaking. Looking at clock can let you create multiple mistakes.
- Always practice for what you are going to orate. Speaking without well preparation can create mistakes if you are not professional speaker.
- Always speak in English following the common guidelines. Never try to translate Hindi to English.
- Listen to the English Speakers. It will make you attentive and help you understand their English Speaking format.
- Focus on speaking error free English. Avoid working on your speaking accent until you find yourself good in English.
- Meet more and more people to get more ideas about English Learning.
- Participate in English Speaking competitions like, Debate, Lecturrate, etc.
- Practice as much as you can to be proficient in speaking English and lead the group during SSB.
See this Video to Learn English in Easy Way
This guide will help you learn English in the best and easiest way. If you have any other suggestions to improve your English speaking skills, share your ideas in the comment section below.