Indian Army has invited from unmarried male and unmarried female LAW GRADUATES for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army for Judge Advocate General Branch.
JAG 2021 Entry Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality : A candidate must be an Indian national or a subject of Nepal
- Age: Between 21-27 years of age (Born not earlier than 02 Jul 1994 and not later than 01 Jul 2000; both dates inclusive).
- Education: The candidate must have also scored at least 55 percent aggregate marks in LLB Degree, the law degree should either be a three years professional course after graduation or five years after the 10+2 examination, and the degree should be from a college or university recognized by the Bar Council of India. Also, only those law graduates are eligible to apply who can or already have registered with the Bar Council of India/State.
Steps to Apply for JAG Entry 2021:
- Step 1: Visit joinindianarmy.nic.in/
- Step 2: On the homepage, click on ‘Officer Entry Apply/Login’
- Step 3: Now, click on the ‘Registration’ link. No need to register again if already registered
- Step 4: Fill the registration form after reading all the instructions carefully
- Step 5: After getting registered, click on the ‘Apply Online’ link
- Step 6: ‘Officers Selection – ‘Eligibility’ page will open
- Step 7: Now, click on ‘Apply’ and fill the application form
- Step 8: Before submitting the form, check all the information again
- Step 9: Submit the form
Indian Army JAG Vacancy
- Men – 6 Posts
- Women – 2 Posts
Indian Army JAG Salary
- Lieutenant – Level 10, Rs, 56,100 – 1,77,500
- Captain – Level 10 B Rs. 61,300 – 1,93,900
- Major – Level 11 Rs. 69,400 – 2,07,200
- Lieutenant Colonel – Level 12A Rs. 1,21,200 – 2,12,400
- Colonel – Level 13 Rs. 1,30,600 – 2,15,900
- Brigadier – Level 13A Rs. 1,39,600 – 2,17,600
- Major General- Level 14 Rs. 1,44,200 – 2,18,200
- Military Service Pay (MSP) – MSP to the officers from the rank of Lt to Brig Rs. 15,500/- p.m. fixed
Stipend to Gentlemen or Lady Cadets during the entire duration of training in Service academies i.e. during training period at OTA – Rs 56,100/-p m
Candidates shortlisted for the Judge Advocate General (JAG) branch will be granted Short Service Commission for 10 years which can further be extended for 4 years.
The selected candidates will undergo training for 49 weeks at officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai. All those who complete the Pre-Commission training will be granted a ‘Post Graduate Diploma in Defence and Strategic Studies’ by the University of Madras.