- Unmarried male candidate with Indian citizenship, Citizen of Nepal and Bhutan can also apply.
- Education qualification: Candidates qualified Matric (10th class) are eligible for MR and 6th class for NMR entry.
- Age: 17 years to 21years of age as on 1st OCT 2017 (born between 01 OCT 1996 and 30 Sep 2000)
Selection is totally based on the order of merits and their performance in written test, qualifying physical fitness test and fitness in medical examination.
- Written test: Objective type question paper and is bilingual (Hindi as well English)
- Syllabus of exam is available on www.joinindiannavy.gov.in .
- Candidate are required to clear all the sections to qualify.
- Four sections are there for steward and chef i.e section are English, Science, Mathematics and General knowledge.
- Two sections are there for Hygienist i.e General awareness and Arithmetic with a time duration of 45 minutes.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT):
- Qualifying physical fitness test is mandatory.
- Under PFT a run of 1.6 km in 7 minutes, 20 squats (uthak baithak) and 10 push ups.
- Minimum height required is 167 cm and chest 5 cms. Height may be relaxed for tribal candidates.
- Must have good and mental health.
- Permanent tattoos are permit in few of the condition like if tattoos are inside forearm, back or palm. Except this candidate will not be considered.
How to apply:
- Candidates can apply online on www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 19th Dec 16.
- Click on “Apply online sailor entry” on the home page of site www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
- Fill the form completely. Before submitting check details carefully. Upload the required document.
- Take two print of online form. One copy duly signed with attested documents of matriculation certificate, mark sheet, domicile, and NCC certificate.
- Result of written exam will be announced on the same day, qualified candidates will undergo for PFT after PFT Medical recruitment. This will take 1-2 days.
- Candidate who are partially unfit in medical will get a chance of maximum 21 years
- After than final medical examination will be done.