Indian army has provided several entries to get officers from diversified stream and knowledge based on the work and operations to handle. It provided permanent and short service commission to the candidates based on the entries. Short service can be extended as per the criteria framed by the respective authority. Indian Army has IMA, NDA, OTA Chennai and OTA Gaya for training officers. Out of the 2 Officer Training Academies, the OTA Chennai is for both male and female cadets, while OTA Gaya is for male cadets only. Let’s have a crisp overview of OTA Gaya.
About OTA Gaya
Officer Training Academy, GAYA was raised in 2011 to provide pre-commission training to the cadets or future officers. The academy is situated in the hilly terrains of Paharpur area of Gaya and has a capacity of 350 cadets. Maj. Ramaswamy Parameshwaran of the 8th battalion, Mahar Regiment, who was awarded Param Veer Chakra, belongs to OTA Gaya. The academy has produced many officers who have earned Ashok chakra and Mahaveer chakra.
Motto of OTA Gaya:
Shaurya, Gyan, Sankalp
Insignia (OTA Gaya):
The insignia of OTA has 2 colors, the upper half is grey and the lower half is blood red. Over these colors, two cross sword and dharma chakra are superimposed.
Commandant of the Academy:
Lt Gen Sunil Srivastava, VSM
How to Join OTA Gaya
There are 2 ways to join OTA Gaya. These are:
- Indian Army TES 42 (10+2 TES Entry)
- Special Commissioned Officers (SCO) Entry
Indian Army TES Entry 2019
Technical Entry Scheme is the entry for young aspirants who have passed 10+2 and have requisite score in specific combination of subjects. The entry has no qualifying exam and is a direct entry exclusively for non-medical students i.e. students having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in 10+2 course.
- Notification for TES Entry is released in May/ June and October/ November for respective biennial batches.
- Candidates who have passed or appearing in 10+2 can apply for this entry.
- Candidates who have passed 12th with 70% marks in PCM (physics, chemistry, and mathematics)
- Candidates having age between 16 ½ to 19 & 1/2 yrs are eligible for the entry. Note – the age is required to be fulfilled on the first day of training of the batch.
- The candidate recommended for this entry will be trained for 1 year at OTA Gaya and 4 years at CTWS. (total duration of course – 5 years)
- On the basis of the percentage, candidates are shortlisted and called for the Interview at SSB centres.
Special Commissioned Officers (SCO) Entry
It is the entry exclusively for the serving army soldier. It is for internal promotions and commissioning opportunity for soldiers serving at lower ranks. The soldiers are required to apply for it through their respective units on the release of notification.
The SSB dates for TES and SCO batches will be scheduled in September/ October or April/ May.
Schedule of training – every year, 2 batches commence in OTA Gaya. First in January and second in July.
The Procedure of Selection –
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview At respective SSB centers.
- The selection procedure consists of 2 stages
- Stage 1: it has a screening test having Verbal and non-verbal test and PDT test.
- Those, who made it in stage 1, will be reserved for stage 2 and others will be freed to go home.
- Stage 2 has a schedule of 4 days which has psychology test, GTO day 1, GTO day 2 and Conference day.
- Personal interview for the candidates will be conducted in between these days after adjustment with the daily routine and tests.
- After the conference, the final result is announced and the selected candidates are further sent for the medical test which takes 3-6 days.
- Finally, a merit list is released having the names of the candidates who are going to join the academy.
OTA Gaya provides a good opportunity for the fresh 10+2 passed students and service candidates of the Indian army. The students who are in the eligibility criteria of the entries should prepare for SSB interview. The notification and related information will be instantly published on our SSBToSuccess platform along with the detailed procedure for applying and SSB related information.
Bring the josh in yourself, stay motivated and reach from SSBToSuccess.