Major Chitresh Singh Bisht martyred in an IED blast on 16th of February. The incident took place on 16th of February when he was attempting to diffuse the IED blast along the LoC in Nowshera district of Jammu and Kashmir.
“Major Chitresh Singh Bisht was a brave and sincere soldier. The nation will always remain indebted to him for the supreme sacrifice.” defence spokesperson Jammu Lt Col Devendra Anand said.
About IED Blast along LOC, Rajouri:
The incident happened at around 1500 hours on the 16th of February 9Saturday). Major Chitresh Singh Bisht was on a patrolling with his team where he saw the fresh sand. On investigation, he found an IED planted in the area. While trying to neutralize the bomb one of the IED bombs got activated. Due to the IED blast, Major Chitresh suffered severe injuries and attained martyrdom.
In this IED blast, one soldier was also injured who was immediately admitted to the hospital and is undergoing treatment.
According to the sources, the IED was planted 1.5 km inside the Line of Control in Naushera, J&K.
Inspiring Facts about Major Chitresh Singh Bisht:
- Major Chitresh Bisht was the resident of Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
- He was scheduled to get married on the 7th of March.
- SS Bisht, father of Major Chitresh is a retired Police Inspector.
- He was leading the Bomb Disposal Squad.
- While diffusing the mines, he was successful in diffusing one of the mines.
- He was martyred while diffusing the bomb planted along the Line of Control.
- According to his parents, Major Bisht has diffused more than 25 bombs.
- Major Chitresh Singh Bisht was commissioned from Indian Military Academy in 2010.
- He joined the Corps of Engineers.
- His elder brother Neeraj Bisht is a Civil engineer in Britain.
IED Blast on 11th January [Same Incident at Same Place]:
According to the sources, it is revealed that Afgan war veteran Abdul Rashid Ghazi has infiltrated in the valley in December, last year, could be the mastermind of the Blast. He is an IED Expert terrorist.
READ MORE: Martyr Major Vibhuti Dhoundiyal
The sources also found that the same IED blast took place on 11th of January, this year when two Army Personnel including Indian Army Major were also martyred. (Source: NDTV18)
Pulwama Terrorist Attack 2019:
It is worth to mention that on 1th of February, the Pakistan backed terrorist group Jaish-e-Mohhamed attacked the CRPF Convoy where 42 CRPF Jawans were martyred. The Pulwama Attack is one of the most heartbreaking incidents after 2016 Uri Attack. On 14th of February 2019, the convoy of 2500 CRPF personnel was on the way from Srinagar to Jammu when an SUV loaded with IED hit the CRPF bus resulting in a massive blast. This caused heavy damage to the CRPF personnel where we lost 42 Jawans with numerous injuries.