Table of Contents
For all the Defence aspirants, UPSC conducts CDS Exam twice, every year. The CDS (I) 2019 is one of the two exams that will be conducted in February 2019. The CDS 1 2019 Notification has been released by UPSC. Selected candidates will undergo training from January 2020. All the young aspirants have already started searching for CDS 1 2019 Exam Date, Exam pattern and CDS Cut Off. So, here is the complete information about CDS (I) 2019 that you should know.
About CDS 1 2019 Notification
UPSC release the CDS notification every year in the month of May and November. The CDS 1 2019 Notification will be released on October 31 2018 and the online form submission will continue till November 26th. All the graduate candidates who have cleared their graduation or are pursuing in the final year, can apply for CDS Written Exam and undergo the exam to join Indian Defence Forces.
The official CDS Notification is released on the official portal of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in. Once the vacancies are notified, the CDS 1 2019 Notification PDF Download option will be visible in What’s New section.
CDS 1 2019 Eligibility Details
All the interested candidates must have educational qualifications as mentioned below:
- The candidate applying for IMA and OTA must have a degree from a recognized university.
- The candidates applying for Indian Naval Academy, you should have an Engineering Degree from a recognized university.
- For all the posts of CDS, its mandatory to have Physics and Maths in your 12 standard.
What is CDS 1 2019 Age Limit
The candidates applying for CDS 1 2019 will have different Age limit. The age criteria for IMA, INA, AFA and OTA are different that are mentioned below.
|Academy||CDS Age Limit|
|For IMA||Born between 2nd Jan 1996 and 1st Jan 2001|
|For INA||Born between 2nd Jan 1996 and 1st Jan 2001|
|For OTA||Born between 2nd Jan 1995 and 1st Jan 2001|
|For AFA||Born between 02 Jan 1996 and 01 Jan 2000|
For candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) will have age relaxation. Their age limit is between 02 Jan 1994 and 01 Jan 2000.
CDS 1 2019 Exam Pattern
The CDS Exam is currently being held via offline mode. The entire exam is conducted in three different papers i.e. Mathematics, English and General Knowledge. For the candidates who have applied for Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy or Air Force Academy, the exam pattern will be:
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
For candidates who have applied for Officers Training Academy will have Exam Pattern as below:
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
CDS (I) 2019 Important Dates
- Official Date of CDS (I) Notification: 31st October 2018
- Last Date of CDS (I) 2019 Online Form Submission: 26th November 2018
- CDS 1 2019 Admit Card Release Date: January 2019
- CDS 1 2019 Exam Date: February 2019
- CDS 1 2019 Result Date: May 2019
How to Apply for CDS 1 2019 Online Form?
The process to Apply for CDS (I) 2019 is very simple. If you are interested to fill this form, follow the below-given instructions.
- Visit the official website of upsconline.nic.in
- Check the Online Application for CDS 1 2019 and click on “APPLY NOW”
- After that, click on “YES” and move to next page.
- Submit all the required information including your personal information, educational qualification, NCC details, etc.
- The completion of all the details will complete your Part-I of the CDS Exam Online Application Form.
- Under Part-II, you need to choose your Exam centre followed by your Photo and Signature submission.
- At last, you need to submit the Fees. You can use Online as well as Offline Mode to submit your CDS Fees.
- After you have completed the payment process successfully, your CDS Form will be submitted successfully.
About Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam:
The Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam is a written exam that is conducted by the UPSC to select potential candidates who can join Indian Army, Navy and Air Force. All the candidates are granted Permanent in case of CDS Army, CDS Navy while in case of OTA and Air Force Pilot, the recommended candidates are given Short Service Commission.
UPSC conducts the CDS Written Exam twice every year. Lakh of graduate students attend the written exam and a few of them are shortlisted for the SSB.
The CDS SSB is totally given on the basis of your defence force priority basis. But if you have applied for multiple vacancies, you will be accessed only once.
The Indian Army Cadets under training at IMA Dehradun or OTA Chennai. The Indian Naval Cadets undergo training at INA Ezhimala and Indian Air Force dates will undergo training at AFA Dundigul.
So, this is all about CDS 1 2019 that you should know and if you are passionate to join Indian Armed Forces, start planning your studies and build a strong base within the given time.
Also, like our Facebook Page and share this information to update more friends about CDS 2019.
CDS PREPARATION STUDY MATERIAL: