India lost Major Raghunath Ahlawat on 7th May 2022, after he slipped and fell off a steep cliff during a counter-infiltration operation near the Line of Control in Baramulla district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Major Raghunath Ahlawat was leading his team for a counter-infiltration operation based on a reliable intelligence input in Uri sector on Thursday.
While carrying out reconnaissance on a route through a steep cliff, he unfortunately slipped due to bad weather and fell in a 60-metre-deep ravine. The officials stated “He succumbed to his injuries while being evacuated to the nearest Army hospital.”
Facts About Major Raghunath Ahlawat
- He was part of the 3 PARA (Special Forces) unit and had joined the Indian Army in 2012.
- He was to soon take up the Defence Services Technical Staff Course at the Military Institute of Technology, Pune
- His father is Brigadier D S Ahlawat, a retired officer from the Jat Regiment of the Indian Army.
- Raghunath was the fourth generation in the family to be associated with the Army.
- He studied at the Army Institute of Law in Mohali before joining the Army.
- Raghunath was an instructor at the Special Forces Training School in Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh, and was a trained underwater diver.
Raghunath is survived by his mother Dhara Ahlawat, and Squadron Leader Vinny Malik, his wife.