Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Notification 2019 has been released for male and female candidates who want to become Assistant Commandant (Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officer) in the Indian coast guard. The online registration will start from 18th of November till 30th of November 2018. The entire registration will be done online and no offline mode will be accepted by the candidates. Candidates can get into the General Entry, Commercial Pilot Entry, and Law entry once they get selected for the Indian coast guard. Below are the detailed information related to this notification.
Types of Entry for Indian Coast Guard AC:
There are broadly 4 Entries under which candidates will be selected to Join Indian Coast Guard. The four entries are as below:
- General Duty– This entry is only for Male candidates.
- General Duty (SSA)– This entry is only for Female candidates.
- Commercial Pilot Entry (CPL) (SSA)– This Entry is for both Male and Female Candidates.
- Law Entry– This Entry is for both Male and Female Candidates.
There are different educational criteria as well as the age limit for all the four entries aforementioned.
- SSA means Short Service Appointment, where the candidate will be appointed as Assistant Commandant for a short period of 8 years. She/he can later extend it to 10 or 14 years.
- Candidates applying for General Duty Entry (Male) will undergo training at INA Ezhimala and will be later considered for Pilot Navigator.
- The Upper age for OBC/SC & ST is relaxable as per the government rules.
- For SC/ST candidates, NCC ‘C’ certificate holders, Sports Person of National Level and words of Coast Guard Uniform personnel deceased while in service, will be granted maximum 5 percent relaxation in the degree certificate.
- The Indian Coast Guard has full rights to fix the percentage cut-off and issue the PSB call letters accordingly.
- All the Law perusing candidates are not permitted to apply for Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Notification 2019.
Eligibility for ICG Assistant Commandant 2019 Entry:
Below is the screenshot of the official notification that can be used to determine your eligibility for Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Application.
Steps to Apply for Assistant Commandant in Indian Coast Guard:
- Candidates can start their online registration from 18th of November 2018 till 30th of November 2018. The online registration will close at 1700 hours on 30th November.
- Candidates need to read the Official notification thoroughly prior to applying online.
- Visit the recruitment website of Indian Coast Guard i.e. www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
- Click on Opportunities and then click on ‘Recruitment of Assistant Commandant 02/2019 Batch.
- Select the Type of Entry (mentioned above) along with your gender. Then Click on ‘I Agree’ to enter the online application.
- All the important information need to be filled correctly in the online form for Assistant Commandant in Indian Coast Guard.
- Filling your Email ID and Phone Number is mandatory during the online registration process.
- You can choose any venue for PSB as per your convenience. The entire list will be displayed at the screen.
- In case of OBC non-creamy layer, your certificate must not be old than 3 financial years.
Admit Card For Assistant Commandant in Indian Coast Guard 2/2019 Batch:
Once you have successfully submitted your online application, you will be given a unique Registration number that is important for future reference. You need to carry two photocopies of your online application at the time of PSB. You will be allowed to download the E-Admit card for Assistant Commandant 2/2019 batch from 9th of December 2018.
Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Selection Procedure:
The entire selection of candidates encompasses majorly three stages followed by the Final merit list. Below is the descriptive elaboration of three stages.
Stage 1: Part 1: Shortlisting of Candidates: All the candidates who have applied through Online Registration will be shortlisted on the basis of their percentage. The Cut-Off will be released to sort the candidates and call them for PSB.
Stage 1: Part 2: Primary Selection: The shortlisted candidates will be called for the preliminary selection procedure at the PSB centers. In the Primary Selection, Mental Ability Test/ Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT) will be conducted to shortlist the candidate for the third stage. Entire mode of examination is English. As a part of security, all the shortlisted candidates will undergo Bio-metric profiling.
Stage 2: Final Selection: The candidates, who will be selected in the Primary stage, will be called for further examination and testing. All the candidates who successfully complete the final selection will undergo document verification and medicals. The date and venue for Final Selection will be displayed at the www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
For more information, you can read the official notification here.
If you have any doubt related to this entry, feel free to shoot a comment in the comment box below. You can even mail us at [email protected].