Indian Navy has released the notification for the recruitment of Artificer Apprentice (AA) and Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR). Candidates interested to apply for this post can visit the official site of the Indian Navy at joinindiannavy.gov.in.
Important Dates for AA and SSR Posts
- Online Application Start Date: April 26
- Last Date to Apply: May 5, 2021
Earlier, the last date to apply was till April 30, 2021. However, the date was extended following current pandemic situation.
Register yourself on the official site with your e-mail ID, if not registered already. Read below for eligibility, the selection process, and other details.
AA and SSR Vacancy Details
- Artificer Apprentice: 500 Posts
- Senior Secondary Recruits: 2000 Posts
AA & SSR Eligibility Criteria
AA Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates should be qualified in 10+2 examination with 60% or more marks in aggregate with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects:- Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science from the Boards of School Education recognized by MHRD, Govt. of India.
SSR Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates should be qualified in 10+2 examination with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects: – Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science from the Boards of School Education recognized by MHRD, Govt. of India.
AA and SSR Selection Process
Due to COVID-19 pandemic, an exception is being made in the public interest wherein approximately 10000 candidates will be called-up for written examination and PFT. The shortlisting of the candidates for written examination and PFT will be undertaken on the basis of percentage of qualifying examination (10+2 examination). The cut off marks may vary from state to state as vacancies have been allocated in a state-wise manner.
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
- The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 level and the syllabus for the examination is available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Duration of examination will be one hour.
- All candidates appearing for written examination would be subjected to PFT on the same day.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test (PFT) is mandatory for selection.
- PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squats (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
Merit lists for AA and SSR
Merit lists for AA and SSR will be prepared based on performance in written examination subject to qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT), as follows:-
- AA Merit List– Top 600 candidates (approx.) on all India order of merit, who meet the eligibility criteria for AA will be issued call up letter for final enrollment medical examination at INS Chilka.
- SSR Merit List– Approximately 2500 candidates will be issued call up letter for final enrollment medical examination at INS Chilka on the basis of state wise merit.
Note:- The cut off marks for issue of call up letter for final enrollment medical examination at INS Chilka may vary from state to state for SSR entry.