Indian Coast Guard is a multi-mission organization, conducting round-the-year real-life operations at sea. Despite being relatively small, it has a wide range of task capabilities for both surface and air operations. Many aspirants wants to join Indian Coast Guard as Assistant Commandant. However, they first look for the latest Indian Coast Guard salary and other benefits.
The organization is headed by the Director General Indian Coast Guard (DGICG) exercising his overall command and superintendence from the Coast Guard Headquarters (CGHQ) located at New Delhi.
SSBToSuccess is providing you the latest salary of Indian Coast Guard w.r.t their ranks.
Indian Coast Guard Salary
|Rank||Level||Pay (in INR)|
|Assistant Commandant||Level 10||56100/-|
|Deputy Commandant||Level 11||67700/-|
|Commandant (JG)||Level 12||78800/-|
|Deputy Inspector General||Level 13A||131100/-|
|Inspector General||Level 14||144200/-|
|Additional Director General||Level 15||182200/-|
|Director General||Level 16||205400/-|
So, you can see that the starting pay and allowances of Indian Coast Guard officer is similar to the Lieutenant of Indian Army. With promotion, your salary simultaneously increases.
Apart from standard pay, you are also provided with many other benefits during and after retirement from Indian Coast Guard.
Other Benefits for Indian Coast Guard
- Medical cover for self and family including dependent parents.
- Government accommodation for self & family on nominal license fee.
- 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave Travel Concession (LTC) for self, family and dependent parents as per Govt. rules.
- Insurance cover of 1 crore at a premium of 10000/- per month as Group insurance as per prevalent rules.
- Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement as applicable.
- Canteen facilities and various loan facilities at subsidized rates.
- Learn & participate in various sports and adventure activities.
- ECHS medical facilities after retirement (only for permanent duty officers and not admissible for SSA entries).
So, if you are planning to join Indian Coast Guard, you have plethora of opportunities to make your carrier and serve the nation. Indian Coast Guard releases multiple vacancies across the year that gives you option to join ICG as a commissioned officer.