Surgical Strike is one of the biggest actions Indian Army took to take the revenge of Uri Attack. There are numerous allegations about the actual implementation of the surgical strike as there is no actual proof available in public. But still, the details released by the Indian DGMO give some assurance that something like a Surgical strike actually happened 10 days after Indian Army faced Uri Attack in 2016. Those who are sure about this hidden operation have some of the interesting facts that talk about how it was executed, how many soldiers were killed and who was leading the operation. On the similar note, there are numerous facts about Surgical Strike by India that you should also know.
Facts about Surgical Strike by Indian Army:
- The entire Surgical Strike was conducted during the midnight hours and was completed in just 4 hours.
- The Operation codenamed ‘X’ was conducted 10 days after Uri Attack that witnessed the life of at least 17 brave soldiers of the Indian Army.
- About 6-8 launchpads were targeted where the expectation of terrorist was being made.
According to the media sources, total 38 terrorists and 2 Pakistani Soldiers were killed in the operation. Interestingly, Indian Army claimed zero causality.
- To airdrop the soldiers across the LOC, helicopters were used. However, some of the media sources contradict this statement and stated that no helicopter was used to airdrop the soldiers.
- During the Surgical Strike 2016, the entire team of Indian Army was wearing the night vision camera, mounted on their helmet and that was the mode of making live telecast of the operation.
- The entire Surgical Strike Operation was watched by the Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar, NSA Chief Ajit Doval, Chief of Indian Army Dalbir Singh and DGMO Ranbir Singh, right from the control room.
- After the operation was conducted on Surgical Strike Date, the terrorist camps and other terrorist launch pads were shifted to the locations, far from the LOC, in order to protect them from further Surgical Strikes by Indian Army.
Now, here are some of the common questions about Surgical Strike that People still ask:
Question 1: What is the actual proof of a surgical strike?
Answer: Well, since the very first day of declaring the execution of Surgical Strike on Pakistan, there have been many true and false allegations against the Indian Government who declared that Surgical Strike was conducted. The DGMO of Indian Army, Lt. General Ranbir Singh announced that Surgical Strike was carried out against Pakistan.
Read More: How to Become Para Commando In Indian Army
But except the official statement, no other proof was provided by the government. Late, months after the operation, a video was leaked that was considered to be the Surgical Strike Actual Footage which was hide from the public.
Question 2: How did India conduct a surgical Strike in Pakistan?
Answer: The entire operation of Surgical Strike 2016 was conducted as:
- The operation begins around 12.30 am on the 29th of September 2016.
- According to reports, paratroopers from Special Forces were involved.
- The commandos were airdropped at the LoC, from where they crossed over to the Pakistani side.
- The strikes were carried out in Bhimber, Hotspring, Kel & Lipa sectors, on Pak’s side of LoC, according to reports.
- The location was 500 meters-2 Km across LoC, sources said
- 7 terror launch pads were destroyed during the Operation.
- 38 terrorists and 2 Pakistani soldiers were killed in Indian Army surgical strikes, no Indian casualties. Those killed included terrorists, their guides and handlers
- According to the reports, the entire operation was ended at 4.30 am.
Question 3: Why some people say surgical strike was fake?
Answer: On one hand where the BJP government promoted the Surgical Strike as a big initiative by the Indian Army in collaboration with the Indian Government. On the other hand, the UPA government is taking it as a TRP driven drama. The UN has clearly marked this operation by India as a hoax.
Now as the Surgical Strike was conducted on 29th of September, 2016, The University Grants Commission directed universities and higher education institutions across the country to observe September 29 as “surgical strike day”. It is requested to celebrate the 29th of September as Surgical Strike Day to pay tribute to our brave soldiers who sacrificed their life.