Air Marshal Sanjeev Kapoor took over as Commandant of Air Force Academy (AFA), Dundigal. He assumed charge from Air Marshal IP Vipin on 1st of August 2021.
Facts About Air Marshal Sanjeev Kapoor
- Air Marshal Sanjeev Kapoor is an alumnus of National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla, Defence Services Staff College-Wellington, Flying Instructors’ School, College of Defence Management and National Defence College-New Delhi.
- He was commissioned in the Indian Air Force on December 6, 1985 (NDA 136-Course).
- Currently he holds more than 7,700 hours of accident/incident-free flying on various aircraft.
- Not many of you know that he is one of the pioneers in Aerial Refueling Operations of the Indian Air Force and has flown the Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) aircraft.
- He had also commanded the only Air to Air Refueling Squadron of the Indian Air Force as well as a premier flying base of the Indian Air Force.
Important Staff Appointments of Air Marshal Sanjeev Kapoor
In his three decades air force career, he has held important staff appointments such as Director (Air to Air Refueling) and Principal Director (Operations) at Air Headquarters. He also worked as Head of Faculty and Senior Air Force Instructor at the prestigious College of Defence Management, Secunderabad and was the Assistant Chief of Air Staff, Operations (Transport & Helicopters) at Air Headquarters. His last appointment before being appointed as Commandant AFA was Assistant Chief of Air Staff.
AM Sanjeev Kapoor received Ati Vishist Seva Medal and Vayu Sena Medal for his services.
AM Sanjeev Kapoor Promotions Gazetted
- Squadron Leader: 06 Dec 1996
- Group Captain: 15 Sep 2008
- Air Commodore: 28 Dec 2011
- Air Vice Marshal: 01 Sep 2017