Most of the defense aspirants are already aware about the new India China Hotline. With this, it has become a hot topic for the aspirants from General Knowledge aspect. SSBToSuccess brings you the detailed knowledge bout India-China Hotline.
What is a Hotline?
Hotline is a direct telephone line in constant operational readiness so as to facilitate immediate communication. It is helpful in timely communication and exchange of views between the two countries.
Key Points of India China Hotline:
- The installation of Hotline between the two countries was taken over a telephonic meeting between India’s External Affairs Minister and China’s Foreign Affairs Minister.
- This is the sixth hotline for local commanders between the two armies – two in eastern Ladakh, two in Arunachal Pradesh and two in Sikkim.
- The two hotlines in the Ladakh sector have been activated more than 1,450 times since May 2020 to sort out differences at the ground level.
India’s Stand on India-China Military Hotline:
The new hotline comes a day after the two sides held the 12th round of Corps Commander-level talks on the Chinese side of the Chushul-Moldo Border Personnel Meeting point on Saturday.
Detailed Timeline on India China Hotline:
- May 2020: Chinese and Indian forces clashed at Nathu La, Sikkim (India).
- After the Sikkim scuffles, tensions between the two countries rose in Ladakh, with a multi-place mobilization of troops.
- June 2020: Indian and Chinese armies were engaged in the standoff in Pangong Tso, Galwan Valley, Demchok and Daulat Beg Oldie in eastern Ladakh which became the heart of the recent LAC tensions.
- June 2020: India banned 59 apps originating from China.
- November 2020: India blocked 43 new mobile apps, mostly Chinese.
- The ban has been enforced under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act, 2000.
- February 2021: India and China decided to finally reach an agreement on disengagement at Pangong Lake.