Pakistan Jet violated the Indian Airspace and crossed the LoC to enter into the Indian Territory. They were engaged by the Indian Air Force where our brave fighter pilots chased them using Mig-21 fighter jets. MEA spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said that Pakistani jets targeted military establishments in Jammu and Kashmir.
About Mig-21 Bison Crash in PoK Area:
The Indian Air Force Pilot Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman took off in a Mig-21 jet to engage with the Pakistani Jets. Unfortunately, the jet was crashed. The Indian Official has declared that the Mig-21 was crashed whereas the Pilot (Wing Cdr Abhinandan) is still missing.
Pakistan Military Captured Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman:
During the early hours when Pakistani jets hovered across the LoC and entered the Indian Territory, the Indian Fighter planes engaged with them. Simultaneously one Mi-17 Chopper Crashes near the Budgam area in J&K.
Initially, Pakistan claimed that they have put down the Mi-17 chopper, but later denied the statement, as it was clear that the chopper collapsed due to a technical fault, which is yet to be diagnosed.
Later the Pakistani military spokesperson Maj General Asif Ghafoor in the public meeting revealed that their Army has put down one of the Indian Mig-21 fighter jets. The entire twitter was flooded with countless videos of Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman being captured by the Pakistani localities and later manhandled. The Pakistani military took him for investigation to collect as much information as possible along with his own identity.
In the first video, he was found sharing his personal knowledge. The information shared by Wing Commander Abhinandan are:
- Name: Abhinandan Varthaman
- Post: Wing Commander in Indian Air Force
- Service Number: 27981
- Religion: Hindu
- Jet Plain being flown: Fighter jet Mig 21.
Who is Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman:
Those who don’t know Wing Cdr Abhinandan Varthaman, he is the Indian fighter pilot who was captured by Pakistan on Wednesday. Wing Commander Abhinandan is an Indian Air Force fighter pilot who joined the Indian Air Force in July 2004 and joined the forces under 173 Course.
He is the son of the highly decorated officer of Indian Air Force, i.e. retired Air Marshal Simhakutty Varthaman. The information received from his relatives says that he actually belongs to Thirupanamoor village which is 15km from Kancheepuram. However, his father is currently residing in Selaiyur near Tambaram. He joined the Indian Air Force on 19th of Jun 2005. His service number is 27981.
The information revealed that retired Air Chief Marshan S Varthaman was consulting the Mani Ratnam’s movie Kaatru Veliyidai, where the Pilot hero is captured by the Pakistani army.
Interesting & Motivational Facts about Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman:
- Wing Cdr Abhinandan belongs to the family of Bravehearts.
- His Father is a retired Air Marshal Simhakutty Varthaman with service number 13606.
- Service Number of Wing Commander Abhinandan is 27891.
- Abhinandan Joined Indian Air Force in 2004 under 173 Courses.
- His father retired Air Marshal S Varthaman joined Indian Air Force in 1973 and has more than 4000 hours of flying experience. In his military tenure, he had flown more than 40 different types of jet planes.
- His Wife is Squadron Leader Tanvi Marwaha, a retired Helicopter pilot. Her service number is 28800.
‘I am Not Supposed to Tell You that’ – Words of Wing Cdr Abhinandan Varthaman
After he was trapped by the Pakistani localities, he was manhandled which caused multiple injuries on his face. Later he was captured by the Pakistani Army. In another video, he was found having a cup of tea with the Pakistani major. There were some questions that were asked from the Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman.
- Abhinandan Varthaman: I must say that I am highly grateful to the Pakistani Army to have treated me well in Pakistan.
- How is the tea? The tea is fantastic, thank you.
- Are you married: Yes, I am married.
- What was your modus operandi? Sorry major, I am not supposed to tell you that.
- What was your fighter jet? Sorry Major, I am not supposed to tell you. However, you might have seen the Indian fighter jet which was crashed .
- What was your mission? Sorry, I am not supposed to tell you.
In return to any sensitive question, the Indian Air Force Pilot Wing Commanded Abhinandan Varthaman showed his Officer Like Qualities and stood in front of the enemy commander. He played the role of a true commanded.
This is why during the Training of Indian Army, Navy and Air Force the cadets are always trained to serve the motherland first and consider themselves at second priority. Under the Indian Army, Navy and Air Force training, the youngsters are churned out to enrich Officer Like Qualities and make them a responsible and professional youth in their life. All the trained officers are hence taught to keep their country at top priority, whatever the situation is.
As per the latest video, we really appreciate the Pakistani major who well-treated Wing Commander Abhinandan.
We all pray for his safe return to India.