On 27th of February Indian Army officially released the Merit list for SSCW(Tech)-21 Course. Sunia Chib was ranked first in the merit list of technical candidates recommended for the training at OTA. Sunia hails from Reasi, Jammu & Kashmir. She has again made J&K recognized after Ganiv Kaur who was stood first in the merit list of SSCW(JAG)-20.
Both Sunia and Ganiv Kaur will start their training at the Officers Training Academy together from 2nd of April 2018.
About Sunia’s Family Background:
Sunia is the daughter of Retd. Subedar Jagdev Singh who is a veteran of Artiliary. She continues her legacy to serve in the Indian Army as her grandfather Late Th. Suram Singh Chib served in the JAK Rifles Regiment of Indian Army and then her father served as Subedar in the Artillery Regiment. She is now the third generation to ear Olive Green uniform and serves the motherland.
Her mother is a housewife and she considers her to be the role model and inspiration throughout her life. Sunia also has one elder sister Tania and a younger brother Karan. If sources are believed, her elder sister is currently living in Maharashtra while her younger brother is perusing his schooling from Jammu.
“The love for my country runs in the blood of my family. I took it as a challenge to wear the uniform which my forefathers have been wearing,” Sunia said.
Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Sunia:
- Sunia hails from a small and remote village of Jammu & Kashmir.
- She is the third generation to serve Indian Army. Her grandfather was a veteran soldier of JAK Rifles while his father is a retired Subedar and a veteran of Artillery.
- Sunia completed her schooling from Kendriya Vidyalaya No-1 Udhampur. After which she appeared for B.Tech.
- She completed her B.Tech in Civil Engineering from Rajasthan. During her graduation, she applied for SSCW(Tech)-21 course.
- She was called for SSB in Allahabad SSB Centre. Her SSB was scheduled in November 2017. She was selected in her first attempt and was ranked 1st in the merit list.
- Her OTA training will start from 2nd of April 2018 and will last until March 2019.
About SSCW (TECH)-21 Course:
The SSCW(Tech)-21 course will commence from 2nd April 2018. Various girls made it this time to join Officer Training Academy and join Indian Army under Short Service Commission. There are some instructions notified by the Indian Army that instructs all the selected women candidates are required to submit their required and notified documents before 15th of March 2018.
The Indian Army has clearly mentioned that the entire selection and ranking of merit list is built on the basis of the candidate’s performance during the SSB, medical status, educational qualification and eligibility criteria. Indian Army also ensures that all possible measures were taken to provide the unbiased result for the selected candidates. Here is the selection count in different branches under SSCW (Tech)-21 Course:
- Civil Branch: 07 Merit in against 05 Vacancies
- Mechanical Branch: 05 Merit in against 04 Vacancies
- Electrical/Electrical & Electronics Branch: 05 Merit in against 03 Vacancies
- Electronics & Telecom Branch: 14 Merit in against 03 Vacancies
- Computer Science Branch: 03 Merit in against 04 Vacancies
Read More Inspiring Stories: