On 20th of October 2018, Colonel Sangram Singh Bhati took his last breadth in Army Research and Referral Hospital, Delhi. He was suffering from jaundice that caused failure in multiple organs of his body. Col Sangram Singh was one of the brave Officer of Indian Army who was honored with Shaurya Chakra for his bravery and courageous leadership during the 2016 Surgical Strike. Being one of the brave and Inspirational Idols for the Defence aspirants, he always encourages and motivates the young generation to join Indian Defence Forces and serve the nation.
Inspirational Facts about Colonel Sangram Singh Bhati:
(1) Five years ago (in 2013) Col Sangram headed the 10 Para Special Forces. 10 Para SF is also known as Mustaffa of Desert Warfare where only 4500 unique men are shortlisted among 1.25 million Army strength.
(2) When it comes to his awards, Col Sangram Singh is considered to be the most decorated Special Force Commando. Various badges on his dress better explain his efforts and speak more about his achievements. And that’s the reason he was one of the role models for many young aspirants who were preparing to join Indian Army.
(3) Being one of the role models for the Defence aspirants, he always motivates the cadets and other youth to serve the motherland with glory. He was posted in OTA Chennai as an instructor. The entire list of cadets trained under Col Sangram always feels blessed to gain the blessings and real-life lessons from such a great son of the country.
(4) Leading, 10 PARA SF, Col Sangram Singh entered Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK), 5 years back. Entering the PoK across LoC, he lived there for about 4 days and destroyed the Lashkar camps. For his bravery, he was highly appreciated by the Indian Army.
(5) On such a loss to the nation, the famous Indian Army Soldiers including Major Sandeep Poonia, Major Gaurav Arya, Colonel Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore expressed their extreme condolence. Major Sandeep Poonia even had a close bonding with Col Sangram Singh.
Col Sangram Singh Bhati Cremation:
Col Sangram Singh Cremation was performed in Jodhpur with complete rituals. The last rituals were performed by his two daughters. Col Sangram died of Jaundice on the 19th of October in Army R& R Hospital, Delhi. He played an incomparable role in the 2006 Surgical Strike.
His dead body was brought from Delhi to Jodhpur on 20th of October. In his last journey from his home to the cremation place, he was accompanied by a huge crowd who salute the bravery of the soldier. His dead body was also accompanied by CO Colonel Varun Chabra along with his unit.
Undoubtedly, on one hand, where India has lost one of his brave son, the spark to join the Indian Defence Forces has increased among the youth. Colonel Singh will always be an inspiration for all and will stay alive in the bravery stories and motivational messages, ever be given to the Defence aspirants.
SALUTE TO YOU SIR!