AEC Entry (Army Education Corps Entry) is an opportunity for young male candidates who wants to join Indian Army as a commissioned officer. AEC Entry grants permanent commission to the recommended candidates who undergo training at the IMA, Dehradun. Here are the complete details of Indian Army Entry for Army Education Corps.
What is Army Education Corps?
Army Education Corps aka AEC is the branch of Indian Army that develops soldiers and officers of all ranks in a variety of disciplines. The centre provides education in both combat and non-combat operations. AEC Centre and School is located in Pachmarhi.
AEC Entry Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must either be :
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently
- settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African
- countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with
- the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v)
- above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of
- eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
Candidates born between 23 to 27 years of age can apply for the Indian Army AEC Entry.
Vacancies For AEC Entry
|MA/MSc in English/Geography/Economics/History/Pol Science/International Relation||4|
|M.Sc in Physics/Chemistry/Maths/ Zoology/ Botany/ Geology /Nano Science/Computer|
|Foreign language (MA in Specific Language)||2|
This is the vacancy list notified by Indian Army in 2017. After 2017, no update was notified by the Indian Army regarding AEC Entry and respective vacancies.
How to Apply for AEC Entry
- Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- Click on “Officers Entry Apply/Login” and then click ‘Registration’.
- Fill the online Registration form after reading the instructions carefully.
- After getting registered, click on “Apply Online” under dashboard.
- A page “Officers selection- Eligibility” will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Army Education Corps.
- A page ‘Application form’ will open. Read the instruction carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments- Personal information, Communications details, Education details and details of previous SSB. “Save & Continue” each time before you go to the next segment.
- After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page “Summary of your information” where in you can check and edit the entries already made.
- Then click on “Submit Now” only after carefully ascertaining that the correct details have been filled in.
- After submitting, click on “PDF” and take two copies of the application form having Roll No and other details generated by the System.
Officers Selection Process for AEC Entry
Short listing of Applications
- Integrated HQ of MoD(Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks for each subject without assigning any reason. After shortlisting of applications, the centre allotment will be intimated to the candidate via their email. After allotment of Selection Centre,
- Candidates will have to log in to the website and select their SSB dates on a first come first served basis, upto a specified date.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will be interviewed at SSB Allahabad (UP), SSB Bhopal (MP) and SSB Bangalore (Karnataka) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer.
- Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centres only through candidate’s registered e-mail id and also through SMS only. Candidates will not be interviewed locally.
- Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of DG Rtg, IHQ MoD (Army) and NO request for changes are entertained in this regard.
- Those who fail in Stage I (Screening) will be returned on the same day.
- Duration of SSB interviews is five days excluding day of arrival
- This will be followed by a medical examination for the candidates who get recommended after stage II.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued joining letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available.
Indian Army Has Closed Army Education Corps Entry
Indian Army last released the notification for AEC Entry in 2017. Starting from 2018, Indian Army has closed the Army Education Corps Entry. According to the committee, “The AEC should be closed as a Corps over the next five years and its existing manpower should be re-oriented and re-skilled to form part of the cyber warriors, various electronic surveillance and intelligence as well as electronic warfare unit or trained as Unmanned Aerial vehicle operators,“