Applications are invited from unmarried candidates who fulfill eligibility condition of Nationality as laid down by the Government of India for entry as Permanent Commission (PC) officers in Executive (GS) Branch and Short Service Commission (SSC) officers in Executive and Technical Branches of the Indian Navy under UES 2019 Entry Scheme, for course commencing June 2019.
Age Limit: The candidate should born between 02 Jul 1995 and 01 Jul 1998, here both dates inclusive.
Education: Minimum percentage on Joining INA. Candidate must have minimum of 60% marks in overall aggregate on completion of regular BE/B Tech or integrated course. The candidate failing to meet minimum cut off percentage will not be permitted to join INA Ezhimala.
- Candidates are to register and fill application on the recruitment website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The Candidates are to apply from 30 Jun 18 to 30 Jul 18.
- Please read the instructions given on the website carefully before submitting your e-application.
- Obtain signature of the Principal/Dean/HoD on the declaration given at the end of the application.
- Only one application form to be submitted/uploaded by candidate. If candidate has submitted Duplicate Application, his/her candidature will be cancelled at any stage of Selection process.
- Your application is subject to subsequent scrutiny and the application can be rejected, if found INELIGIBLE/INVALID at any point of time.
PROCEDURE OF SSB FOR UES 2019
(a) The total duration of SSB interview is five days consisting of two stages. Stage I (day one) and Stage II (four days). Stage I test consisting of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test (PPDT) will be conducted on the first day. Candidate who fails to qualify in Stage I will be routed back home on the same day. Stage II tests will comprise of Psychological testing, Group Task, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. No compensation will be paid in case of any injury sustained as a result of tests. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Special Medical Examination for approximate duration of 05 days at nearest military hospital.
(b) Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be appointed for training based on All India Merit depending on the number of vacancies.
(c) Change of SSB centre is not permissible. Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates is to be addressed to the Call-up Officer of the concerned SSB. Award of fresh dates, would be subject to availability of date and batches at SSB centre.
(d) Return First Class (AC III Tier/AC Chair Car) rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for this Commission on production of railway ticket. Candidates will carry photocopy of the first page of pass book or cheque leaf where the name, A/C No & IFSC details are mentioned, while appearing for SSB.
- Starting Date to Apply Online: 02-06-2018
- Last Date to Apply Online: 21-06-2018
- UES 2019 SSB Interview Dates: Dec 2018 to Apr 2019
- UES 2019 Course Commencing From: June 2019
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR UES ENTRY 2019
- Only one application to be filled by candidate.
- Candidates who are eligible for more than one branch/cadre/specialization should mention their preference in order of priority in their application form.
- Candidates will be issued call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interview based on their performance during campus interviews.
- Candidates with pending backlog will not be permitted to appear for SSB interview.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for SSB based on their first preference.
- However, if not shortlisted for the first preference, you may be considered for an alternate Branch/Cadre/Specialization subject to availability of spare slots in SSB Batches of that Branch/Cadre/Specialization.
- Once shortlisted for a Branch/Cadre/Specialization, subsequent stage of selection process (SSB, Medical & Meriting) will be exclusively for that Branch/Cadre/Specialization.
- Technical Branch candidates, can also be allotted Air Technical Specialization and will be appointed as Air Technical Officers by IHQ MoD (Navy).
- Candidates with BE/B. Tech degree in ‘avionics’ will be eligible for Air Technical branch only.
- No equivalent stream of (BE/B Tech) will be considered valid for selection process at any stage.
UES 2019 TRAINING SCHEDULE
- The training is tentatively scheduled to commence in Jun 2019 at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala.
- Candidates finally selected for UES, will be inducted as Officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo 22 weeks Naval Orientation Course at the INA Ezhimala, followed by professional training in Naval Ships and Training Establishments. In case of Executive (General Service) entry, course duration of NOC at INA would be 44 weeks.