Most of the defence aspirants are looking for the opportunities to join the Indian Air Force as an Officer. To join Indian air force, AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) is the sole entry that allows the joining for different vacancies in the Indian Air Force. AFCAT 2 2018 is going to be released by the Air Force soon. All those students who were unable to make it in AFCAT 1 2018 will have a golden chance to prove their skills in the online exam of AFCAT 2018 (2).
What is AFCAT Exam?
AFCAT is the common testing format adopted by the Indian Air Force to shortlist the candidates for different Officer entries. The notification for AFCAT is released twice every year. The Indian air force is responsible for to conduct the exam throughout the country. Prior to AFCAT 1 2018, the exam was conducted via offline mode. But now, the exam has been totally migrated to online mode, that allows more convenient for the management to conduct the exam.
The AFCAT encompass multiple posts for Commissioned Officer including technical as well as non-technical posts. Every year, the number of vacancies changes as per the requirement by the Air Force. The selection procedure for AFCAT is totally simpler to that of CDS i.e. the candidates who clear the exam is called for SSB for the recommendation. The recommended candidates then undergo medical followed by the final merit list. Once they make their name to the final merit list, they will be allotted the joining date at Indian Air Force Officer Academy.
Tentative Dates for AFCAT 2 2018 Exam:
- Expected Date of Publishing of Notification: 3rd June 2018
- Online Registration will start from: 3rd June 2018
- Last Date of Online registration: 3rd July 2018
- Expected Date of AFCAT 2 2018 Exam: 26 August 2018
- Date of Result declaration: September 2018
Educational Qualification for AFCAT 2 2018:
Technical Branch: The candidate must have a 4-year degree and would be completed Sections A & B exam of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (AMIE) or Aeronautical Society of India (ASI) with acquiring 60% marks at least.
Flying Branch: The candidate must have minimum 60% marks in the degree, in any stream. The candidate must have Maths and Physics in their 12th standard and have cleared the B.Tech from a recognized university.
Ground Duty Branch: In ground duty, there are different posts which have different educational qualification. Below are the educational qualification fro ground Duty.
- For Accounts section, the applicants should have cleared B.Com by having 60% marks minimum.
- For the Education posts, the applicants should have cleared MCA/ MBA or MA / M.Sc. degree in Physics/ English / Mathematics / Statistics / Chemistry / International relations / Defense studies / International Studies / Psychology / IT / Management / Computer Science / Journalism / Mass Communication / Public Relation with at least 50% marks and have scored at least 60% marks in the graduation level.
- For the Administration & Logistics, an individual would have completed any degree with 60% marks minimum or have passed section A & B exam of the Aeronautical Society of India (ASI) or Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (AMIE) with at least 60% marks.
Age Qualification for AFCAT 2 2018:
|Technical Entry||20 years to 26 years for Technical post as on January 1st, 2019||January 2nd, 1993 to January 1st, 1999|
|Flying Entry||20 years to 24 years as on January 1st, 2019||Relaxation in the maximum age of the candidate will be of 2 years for those who have valid and current commercial pilot licence|
|Ground Duty||20 years to 26 years for Technical post as on January 1st, 2019|
Here is the List of AFCAT 2018 Exam Centre:
- GautamBudh Nagar
- Greater Noida
- Nagpur, Nasik