Subedar Joginder Singh is one of the brave sons, who laid his life and showed an extraordinary example of bravery during the Sino-India 1962 war. He was one of the three brave-hearted soldiers of Indian Army who was awarded the highest gallantry award of Indian Military, Param Vir Chakra for 1962 war. During the 1962 war with China, Sub Joginder Singh was commanding a platoon at Bumla. He was considered to be the soldier who fired at the enemies till the last ammunition available within his range and till he was breathing his last breath.
Here is the complete motivational story of Subedar Joginder Singh that will undoubtedly bring Goosebumps to you.
Subedar Joginder Singh Story
Joginder Singh was born on 28th September 1936 in Faridkot district (Punjab). He joined Indian Army as a Sepoy. He joined Indian Army on the day of his birthday, 28th September 1936 in First Sikh Regiment. In the initial days of his recruitment, he served the British Indian Army and was posted at various places at Burma Front. After India gets independence, Subedar Joginder Singh was attached to Sikh Regiment.
Role of Subedar Joginder Singh in 1962 Sino-India War:
In 1962, China broke out a war against India that results in high causality count from both the ends. China unexpectedly attacked at two of the Indian fronts, one at North East Frontier Agency and another at Ladakh. To respond the attack, Subedar Joginder was allotted Tongpen La pass where he was commanding his battalion of 20 men.
As soon as Subedar Joginder hold to take control of his post, Chinese men heavily attacked his battalion that resulted in the loss of half of his men were martyred. In this, Subedar Joginder received multiple wounds. But he refused to move out of his post. This led his battalion to fight with the enemies.
Chinese army continued to advance but the battalion of Joginder Singh fight with them. In this battle, Sub Joginder lead his battalion till his last breath. He continues to fire at the enemy till the last ammunition was left.
Interesting Facts about Martyr Joginder Singh Sahnan:
- Subedar Joginder joined Indian Army as Sepoy and was martyred as Subedar of Indian Army.
- He was born on 26th September 1921 and interestingly, he joined Indian Army on 26th September.
- He initially joined the British Indian Army. After the independence of India, he was connected with 1st Sikh Regiment.
- Subedar Joginder Singh was having the Army number JC-4547.
- He was martyred on 23rd October 1962 during the Sino-India war.
- Subedar Joginder was leading his battalion of 2 men in the Operation of 1962 Leg Horn, where he was martyred.
- He kept on firing on Chinese army till he used the last available ammunition. With this, he showed his bravery and extraordinary skills.
About Subedar Joginder Singh Film
As a tribute to Sub Joginder Singh Sahnan, Subedar Joginder Singh Punjabi movie has been made starring Gippy Grewal. Many other renowned celebrities shared their role in the movie and devoted their tribute to the brave soldier of Indian Army. Here is some information about the Punjabi movie based on the motivational story of Sub Joginder Singh Sahnan.
- The star cast of the movie includes Gippy Grewal, Aditi Sharma, Harish Verma, Karamjit Anmol.
- The Subedar Joginder Singh release date is currently planned on 6th April 2018.
Watch Subedar Joginder Singh Movie Trailer
About Param Vir Chakra – Gallantry Award:
Param Vir Chakra is the highest gallantry award honored to the soldiers of Indian Defence Forces who showed their extraordinary bravery and skills to protect the motherland from the enemies. The Param Vir Chakra (PVC) was started by the East India Company, who started to offer a formal award in the early days of 1834.
In 1902, the formal award, named as “Order of Merit” was renamed to “Indian Order of Merit”. But after the independence, these awards were renamed to some customized formats as per Indian constitution. Hence distinct award list was made to honor people from different fields. The PVC award is equivalent to the Medal of Honor, awarded in the United States.