Group Captain Arun Marwaha was recently arrested by the IAF central security for sharing sensitive information with the ISI members. The case is come in limelight a month back when Officer Arun was trapped with a smartphone in the premises of Indian Air Force where the use of smartphones is strictly prohibited. He was then interrogated with the Indian Air Force central security, where he accepted the crime of sharing of important data of the IAF in exchange of seductive conversation with the ISI agents. Here is the complete information about Group Captain Arun Marwaha and about his entire case.
All About Arun Marwaha that You Should Know:
- Group captain is an alumnus of Sainik School, Kapurthala. He completed his 12th education from Sainik School in 1979 and joined DAV College Ambala to complete his Graduation.
- After completing his graduation, he joined Indian Air Force. After 1 year of vigorous training, he was commissioned in the Indian Air Force in 1984.
- During his tenure in the Indian Air Force, he has served his services in the ADRDE, DRDO Ministry of defence. He was attached to the DRDO from May 2009 to January 2015.
- At the time of arrest, he was raked as the Group Captain in Indian air force.
- He was the director of Para operations in IAF headquarter
- Group Captain Arun Marwaha was a trained Para jumper and had also served as the instructor.
- Till now, he has added more than 3000 jumps in his account.
- Group Captain Arun Marwaha has two sons. One of his sons is a Commissioned Indian Air Force Pilot while another son is working as a software professional.
- He was living in Delhi Cantonment with his family.
- Officer Arun was due to retire next year.
About his Arrest and Entire Investigation:
- In the early days of December, Air Force Officer Arun Marwaha was spotted in the Airforce premises carrying the smartphone. In the Indian air Force premises, use of smartphones is strictly prohibited.
- An FIR was lodged by one of his senior officers under sections 3 and 5 of the Officials Secrets Act.
- Once he was spotted in the restricted premises with the smartphone, he was arrested by the central security and investigated for the reason.
- His entire online activities were monitored through the counter-intelligence surveillance exercise.
- The IAF central security found Group Captain Arun Marwaha guilty and was finally detained on 31st of January.
- On 7th of February, he was handed over the special cell for further investigation and interrogation.
How Group Captain Arun Marwaha was Honey trapped:
- Indian Air Force Officer Arun reveals that he was honey trapped by the women members of ISI (Inter-Service-Intelligence).
- He was in a continuous connection with a fake Facebook account with the name “Kiran Randhawa” and “Mahima Patel”.
- Officer Arun bought separate SIM and started using WhatsApp from that number. Later he shared that number with the fake facebook account.
- During the interrogation, he revealed that he was challenged to share the sensitive information about the IAF exercises. For that, Arun started clicking multiple captures from different aspects and shared the same to the ISI agents.
- He executed the chats further in lieu of sex chats. But during this entire conversation, no monetary exchange was done between the two sides.
- Sources revealed that the Gagan Shakti was one such exercise whose details he passed on to the ISI.
“To prove his position as it was challenged by the women and to get videos, he repeatedly started clicking pictures of the documents and sending those on WhatsApp, defying a no-mobile rule in the IAF headquarters,” said a police official.