With the start of New Year, every denfence aspirant starts searching for the Indian Navy Recruitment 2018 that can update them about all the possible ways to join Indian navy in 2018 as Officer and bring stars on their shoulder. Every year, multiple numbers of recruitment notifications are released by the Indian Navy which allows the young aspirants to join Indian Navy as an officer. The Indian Navy always promotes its services as the Ocean of Opportunities that gives you the power to travel to multiple places by serving the country.
If you want to join Indian Navy as Officer, you will receive multiple notifications throughout the year. Some of the Indian Navy recruitment will be released twice a year while some of them will be only once. So, here are all the possible ways to join Indian Navy in 2018 as an Officer.
National Defence Academy (NDA 2018 Entry)
NDA is the very first opportunity for young aspirants to join Indian Nave Academy as a commissioned officer. NDA exam is conducted twice every year in the month of April and September. The motto of NDA Exam is to get young officers to join Indian Navy, Indian Air Force (as Pilots) and Indian Army. Here are the details of NDA Exam:
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have passed or is appearing in the 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as a common subject.
- Age Limit: With the changing notifications, the age limit also changes. But in general, the age limit for NDA Exam is 16 ½ – 19 ½ years.
10+2 Navy Tech (B.Tech Entry Scheme)
After NDA, the 10+2 B.Tech Entry Scheme is another opportunity which allows the young aspirants to join Indian Navy as Officer. This technical entry offers the opportunity without any exam. The 10+2 Navy Tech-Entry is also notified twice every year. The candidates are shortlisted for SSB on the basis of JEE Mains Score. Here are the details of 10+2 Navy Tech entry:
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have passed 12th standard with aggregate 70 Percent marks in physics, Chemistry and mathematics along with 50 Percent marks in English (either in 10th or 12th).
- Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of JEE Mains exam result, which is conducted at national level.
- The Notification for 10+2 B.Tech Entry 1 2018 was released in November 2017
- The Notification for 10+2 B.Tech Entry 2 2018 was released in May-June 2018
Combined Defence Services (CDS 2018 Entry)
After the completion of your graduation, you are offered to Join Indian Navy as an Officer through CDS Entry. Similar to NDA, this is exam is also conducted twice, every year. The only changes made are in terms of education level. The details of CDS 2018 are as below:
- Educational Qualifications: The candidate must have passed a graduation from a recognized university.
- Age Limit: The Age Limit for CDS Exam is 19 to 24 years which is verified at the time of training commencement.
- The CDS 1 2018 Exam will be conducted on 4th February 2018 while the CDS 2 2018 Exam will be conducted on 18th November.
University Entry Scheme (UES Entry 2018)
This is the special entry for Engineering graduated to join Indian Navy as a commissioned officer. Under this entry, the candidates are shortlisted via on-campus recruitment process which is later subjected to SSB interview for the further selection process. Here are the complete details of UES Entry 2018.
- Educational Qualification: The interested candidate must be studying in the 7th semester of Engineering with minimum 60 Percent marks up to the fifth semester.
- Age Limit: The age limit for UES Entry 2018 is 18-24 years. The age is verified in accordance with the training commencement at INA.
- The Notification for UES Entry 2018 will be released in the month of July-August 2018.
Pilot and Observer Entry 2018
After the completion of engineering education, you are offered many opportunities to join Indian Navy. Under this, the Pilot and Observer Entry is released twice every year. This entry requires the candidates to have completed their engineering. This notification is released for selected Engineering streams only. Here are the complete details:
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have passed their engineering degree in the notified stream with 60 Percent marks up to 7th semester.
- Age Limit: The Age limit for Pilot and Observer Entry is 19 to 24 years.
- The Notification for Pilot and Observer Entry 1 2018 will be released in March 2018.
- The Notification for Pilot and Observer Entry 1 2018 will be released in October 2018.
Short Service Commission (SSC Entry 2018)
Every year, along with Permanent commissions, Indian Navy offers you to opportunities to Join Indian navy through Short Service Commision. Different notifications are released by the Navy twice, every year to recruit youths to join Indian Navy. Here are the complete details of all SSC Entries 2018.
- SSC (Executive Entry) for General Service/Hydro Cadre, SSC –Submarine Tech (Engineering /Electrical), SSC –Tech (Engineering /Electrical) are notified twice, every year; in the month of February and September.
- Indian Navy also offers Short Service Commission (SSC Direct Entry) for the post of IT, Naval Armament Inspector Cadre, ATC, Education, Logistics, and Naval Architects. All these entries are released only once a year.
- Out of these, the post of IT is notified in the month of September while for Naval Armament Inspector Cadre, ATC, the notification is released in April. The notification for Education, Logistics, and Naval Architects is released in November.
So, if you are young aspirants who are looking for the right opportunity to join Indian Navy as a commissioned officer, this blog will let you know about the ocean of opportunities.
What more you want to know about Indian Navy recruitment? Share your comments in the comment section below.